• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samuraisam

I built a shuttle, and I've re-installed windows on it several times for various reasons.

Now, when it says "decting hardware..." or something like that when you go to install windows (just when its starting to boot off the CD), that goes away after about a second, and the screen just goes indefinitly black. Nothing happens!

:-/ :-/ :-/

Does anyone know of a solution to this?

-Sam

It's impossible to say without knowing anything about your system, including which OS you're having difficulty installing.

redduc900 said:
It's impossible to say without knowing anything about your system, including which OS you're having difficulty installing.

I agree. Other than yanking out PCI cards and anything NOT required to load Windows....we'll need more info. It's not overclocked, right?

redduc900 said:
Agreed as well. However it sounds like a power / RAM issue already

can you post your hardware please, im leaning towards a corrupt hard drive...but thats just a guess without more information

Back