• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serires or parallel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As best as I can tell that would be parallel.

If it were in series the twisted wires Im sure would touch and short circuit which wouldnt be what you wanted.

The link to the mod would be cool I like reading about vmod's.

Yeah def parallel, but it kind of makes it pointless since the wires touch.....it will jus take the path of least resistance

-CaT

It really doesnt matter, the idea is that you would have to use different resistors depending of if they were in series or in parrallel.

Parrallel might be easier because you can just tie the wires together like he did and then solder both leads to your solder points and you are all set, so you do 2 solder points instead of 3 with series resistors.

well, parallel would keep the same resistance, while series would double it (if using resisotrs of equal value) so you have to consider more than the solder points. If he shows it like that and it works, i would just go ahead and do it that way.

-CaT

Back