• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Pstream or Enermax Noistaker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Optimus Prime

So here is the question. I currently have an Enermax Noisetaker 460 that has these rails. 3.3-35A , 5-35A , 12-33A. I have been using this supply in my 939 winchester setups for 3 months now and it has been rock solid. my rails underload never deviate more then .05-.1 and it seems to be very stable. I have also sleaved this powersupply and added all black molex connectors.

On the other hand my roomate has a new in box OCZ powerstream 420 that he won at a lan. He is offering me a straight up trade for the Enermax if I want.

What do you guys think I should do. Keep in mind i prob spent about 6 or so hours working on my enermax sleaving it and stuff.

If that enermax is peforming without any problems for you at all I would just keep it. Your rails look to be very stable so unless you like the looks of the OCZ more I would just keep what you have.

you do realize, ur roomie is trying to rip you off. No reason to trade the OCZ if it was better than the noisetaker. No matter the excuse he gives you, KEEP ur Enermax.

i dunno, but i would trade :) even though your rails look stronger, my rails don't fluctuate at all except the 12v rail 12.23-12.24v under load

i would only trade if hes offering a PCPOWERandCooling or a Zippy. Anything else, thank you very much.

You have a good hand keep it.

Enermax is not my first choice but nothing wrong with them sure better than antec right now.

Don't buy into the hype. I've seen a lot of people with 1 or even dead OCZ units right out of the box, then praise how good the customer service is but forgets they had two dead units right out of the box.

Make the trade. The OCZ makes for a much better unit. And for the record, the dead OCZ power supplies were largely early 600W models, which were recalled quickly.

deception``

Back