• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buying asus A8V deluxe: revision 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CAPTinsano said:
Im buying the asus A8V deluxe via k8t800 pro socket 939. I wanted to get it at newegg but it says nothing about being revision 2. Is this the revision 2 board?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1

sorry link dont work...?

Probably not, because the one at Newegg has red SATA connectors, but the one shown in this article has all black SATA connectors. The second link specifies that this board is rev2, so I think the difference would be that the one newegg sells isn't rev2.

Well newegg is the only site i have ever ordered PC parts from so if i cant be sure what they are going to send me where would you guys recommend i get it from? I don't have a credit card so they must have other payment options like money order.

Get it from somewhere that you can physically look in the box to see if it's Rev 2.00. It says on top on the MB between the PCI slots which rev it is.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS CAPTINSano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can find a picture of the Rev 2.00 Board here.
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3268276&postcount=12

Look at the Red ellipse, it shows you where the Rev 2.00 is marked.

To get a rough idea, if your board is priced > $130, its most probably a Rev 2.00. If your board comes with a Wi-Fi feature, its most definitely not.

Hope this helps,

S.N

Ok the board is priced $134 on newegg,says nothing about wi-fi and the pics look the same so i guess ill just order it from them like i wanted to. If its not revision 2 i could just send it back right?

One more thing, don't you guys have a link to newwegg so you get a % of the sale or something like that? I remember seeing it some where but cant find it now so if ya show me the way ill gladly use it.

thx for all the help

CAPTinsano said:
Ok the board is priced $134 on newegg,says nothing about wi-fi and the pics look the same so i guess ill just order it from them like i wanted to. If its not revision 2 i could just send it back right?

One more thing, don't you guys have a link to newwegg so you get a % of the sale or something like that? I remember seeing it some where but cant find it now so if ya show me the way ill gladly use it.

thx for all the help
They charge a restocking fee for rebates, so that's probably not the best plan

Just a heads up...I just got mine from NewEgg yesterday and it was a REV 2. BTW, Super Nade, your insight on these forums has made my life a hell of a lot easier. I just put together a Winnie 3500+ with an A8V Deluxe and a gig of G-Skill. Took that thing up to 2.5 without touching a thing except the FSB and I adjusted the Mem to CPU ratio to 2:1. With 2 raptors in RAID 0 this thing is flying! (Oh, I dropped the suggested RAM timings of 2.5-4-4-8 to 2-3-3-7 as well)

Coool thx for the info G_Sup, I should be ordering the stuff by Friday im getting this a8v deluxe a athlon 64 3500+ and the corsair value pc 3200 2x 512 DC ram. Do you think this ram will be good? Or do you guys recommend something else for this board.

Last edited:
G_Sup said:
Just a heads up...I just got mine from NewEgg yesterday and it was a REV 2. BTW, Super Nade, your insight on these forums has made my life a hell of a lot easier. I just put together a Winnie 3500+ with an A8V Deluxe and a gig of G-Skill. Took that thing up to 2.5 without touching a thing except the FSB and I adjusted the Mem to CPU ratio to 2:1. With 2 raptors in RAID 0 this thing is flying! (Oh, I dropped the suggested RAM timings of 2.5-4-4-8 to 2-3-3-7 as well)

Glad to be of assistance! :D

Your results are very promising! Keep us posted. At this rate, you should be able to hit 2.7 easily. I suggest you enter your final OC results here:-
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=319185

I think you have plenty of head room left. You could push you FSB to something close to 275. The G-Skill (Is it an LE?) should hold you in good stead 2:1 if you dropped the timings a bit to say 3-4-4-8 (initially) and then tweaked it further. I hope you are performing different stability tests (not just memtest). That is described here:-
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=335813

Good Luck!

Super Nade said:
Glad to be of assistance! :D

Your results are very promising! Keep us posted. At this rate, you should be able to hit 2.7 easily. I suggest you enter your final OC results here:-
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=319185

I think you have plenty of head room left. You could push you FSB to something close to 275. The G-Skill (Is it an LE?) should hold you in good stead 2:1 if you dropped the timings a bit to say 3-4-4-8 (initially) and then tweaked it further. I hope you are performing different stability tests (not just memtest). That is described here:-
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=335813

Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply Super Nade. Actually, the RAM is the LC version. As for the stability tests I have run Prime95, memtest, several hours of CS:S, and 3DMark2003. Everything seems to be a go at this point...I just thought I'd let it burn in a bit at these settings before going on a full bore O/Cing expedition.

The 64 is new to me. I've been using a P4 for the past 2 years and things have definately changed since my last AMD chips (XP and T-Bird's). I was a total virgin to the new AMD technology up to last Sunday when I placed my order through Newegg. I then did nothing but read forums (this one in particular) to get up to date with what's what. At this point my eyes are bloodshot and my wife no longer talks to me! LOL

One question for you...I was reading your A8V O/Cing guide and you mentioned that if you have good RAM to use a 2:1 ratio (at least that's what I got out of it). Is 2:1 the ideal ratio if your system can handle it, or is 1:1 the best? Under CPU-z I noticed that the Memory frequency was half the HTT frequency of the CPU when using 1:1 (I do relize that you multiply the Mem freq which CPU-Z reports x2). By using 2:1 it reported double, thus matching the HTT frequency. I figured this must be good as higher numbers are always good when O/Cing (LOL). So my question is....which is a better setting....actually let me rephrase that, which are more aggresive RAM settings, 1:1 or 2:1? With a FSB (HTT) of 228 my RAM is running at 456 DDR right?

So far heat has not been an issue. With a XP-90 and AS5 my chip is running at 31 idle and 39-40 under full load. Any insight would be appreciated.

P.S. Sorry for hijacking this thread...LOL!

Aaah, Bloodshoot eyes :). That sounds familiar. Its a very good idea to burn in your RAM for atleast 14 hours minimum.

As for the ratio, ASUS have managed to completely confuse everybody with their stupid numbers. In this board 2:1 means 1:1 i.e in sync with the HTT. Instead of looking at the numbers look at the ddrxxx next to them. 2:1 shows up as 2:1(DDR400).
Pay attention to the DDR400 part. It tells you that the RAM should run in sync with the HTT.

Your temps look great! Continue the burn-in for atleast 14 hours.

You can also tell by the box for the revision....the v2 is in a white box with the AI written in silver...the v1 is in a greenish and black box. Looks totally different...

Back