• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

detachable psu cables

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I saw a kit somewhere you can buy and do it to any PSU. But it costs $50 hell I can almost buy one for that much!

k3nshin said:
anytime you open up a psu its dangerous
well, if you know what you are doing, it can be quite harmless. you just have to unplug it, and jump it so it discharges while unplugged, then just touch as little as you can. ive worked inside about 5 psus. ive shocked myself a few times on the heatsinks, but that was only because i had the damn thing still plugged in for testing. ive done mods inside a few and take the whole PCB out of 3 for playing with them. My current PSU (pcp&c 600 server psu), HAD to be modded to work nicely, and i was working with the pcb itself. it came out beautifully.

It's time consuming and tedious more than it is dangerous or difficult. Your success will depend on your capacity for patience and methodical working habits.

I really dont need to do this mod because I just wrapped the main lead and ran it throught a small hole I dremeled on the back of my MOBO mounting plate!
can only see the MOBO Power leads and IDE cables.

squasher said:
personally im a little scared to be doing that to my psu
ive heard that the modular mod is a toughie and it can be pretty dangerous

Yea, expecially if you leave the case on the ground and step on it.... -_-;;

Back