• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FAH Monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you're talking about monitoring programs I use EMIII ( Electron Microscope III) Works really well, nice skins, and it updates for new cores very quickly.

SewerBeing said:
[somewhat of a thread crap]does anyone know of a fah monitor that I can make as part of my desktop on linux??[/somewhat of a thread crap] On windows I used EMIII and it worked

PM Arkaine and point him to this thread, because he has that done in his overclockix distro.

Kendan said:
PM Arkaine and point him to this thread, because he has that done in his overclockix distro.

Who needs a PM when you have mystical powers like esp that lets you know when your name is mentioned in a thread???

Anyway, I use superkaramba in overclockix and have a handfull of themes for it which have a folding monitor built-in. It's not spectacular, but it does the job.

Get themes here- http://overclockix.octeams.om/karamba.tgz

Superkaramba may not work very well outside of KDE. Also the way the these are configured, the folding directory should be in /home/you/fold. Or feel free to edit away at the themes themselves. Some can pull up data from lm-sensors about temps and voltages, others show disk/network/memory useage. So have fun. They are not too hard to edit, and you'll find plenty more at www.kde-look.org. If you need to monitor multiple cpu's some examples are written into the configs and you just need to uncomment them and maybe correct paths....

PS- some will suck up some cpu time... but the simple folding monitor by itself is light on resources.

Click for full size-

yoper5.jpg

I think there's a KDE fold applet that runs in the taskbar. But no others that I know of. You can use scripts to display the info in a terminal anytime you like-

more /path/to/your/client/FAHlog.txt | tail -5

There was one in the past called kdfold, but it is no longer supported and no longer works unless ytou have an old distro and an old folding client version.

I mean you could run it in one of your virtual termianls and just make the script loop forever and have some sleep time in the intervals between each run.... Then you just check it by Alt TAB F# switching to whatever term its running in.

What DE/WM do you use? You may be able to implement it into gkrellem or maybe gdesklets....

i like fahmon better than emii.. it's simle, fast, and not confused when i delete one of my fah folder. (emii would give me an elephant sound when something wrong in my multi fah folder).. so i think fahmon is a very smart tool for fah.

Back