• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

internet explorer freezes up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enemy Down!

at random times while it seems while opeing up links or other pages.

also, windows media player does not also shut down completely. it is still running under task manager.

this is for my laptop toshiba satellite p25-s477

Get Firefox!

seriously, it could be a number of issues, dealing with hardware, software, or even the unwanted adware...need more info to help you out.

^^^ certainly

also make sure u got all IE updates - try a repair install of IE - search on MS's site

also do a spyware / virus can of your system.

whats firefox?

my system has win xp pro and is clean of viruses and spyware. this problem started occuring right after internet explorer implemented the pop up blocker because i dont recal this happening before this feature.

i thought it was spyware but i ran adaware and spybot plenty of times and nothing major came up. i also ran full system tests with norton corporate edition anti-virus and found nothing.

Enemy Down! said:
whats firefox?

my system has win xp pro and is clean of viruses and spyware. this problem started occuring right after internet explorer implemented the pop up blocker because i dont recal this happening before this feature.

i thought it was spyware but i ran adaware and spybot plenty of times and nothing major came up. i also ran full system tests with norton corporate edition anti-virus and found nothing.
firefox is a browser infinitly better than IE.

Firefox 1.0

It is much faster then IE - ahs tabbe browsing which alone rules and also does not have the xploits that IE has causing potential harm to your computer.

Firefox is great but is not 100% compat with all the sites out there, especially media intensive ones. You should use Firefix 98% of the time, but there will be 2% when you need IE. It sounds like you have some corrupted files. Have you installed XP SP2? That causes problems on some systems. If so, try removing it. If not, try doing a restore point from the last time you remember it working right.

I'm in the dump that browser catagory. I recommend Mozilla - build #2004092716 (a Firefox beta) It works 100% for me, and is not subject to all M$ BS!

Isdate set right, I know this might sound strange but last week I was fixing a pc and I set the year back to 2003 and forgot about it, after getting rid of spyware, doing a repair install and some other things I decided to see how IE was, and to my surprise it would freeze for two or three seconds while finishing to load a page, but after I set the year back to 2005 it didn't happend again.

theMonster said:
Firefox is great but is not 100% compat with all the sites out there, especially media intensive ones. You should use Firefix 98% of the time, but there will be 2% when you need IE. It sounds like you have some corrupted files. Have you installed XP SP2? That causes problems on some systems. If so, try removing it. If not, try doing a restore point from the last time you remember it working right.

sorry m8 but your very wrong, firefox ver 1, is compatible with hmmm 99.9 ok 99.8% of web sites, you just have to know how to unleash the power,.... hint: use extentions :) Firefox is taking over, i never knew a browser could be this much better!!!

also, windows media player does not also shut down completely. it is still running under task manager.

it's a feature of the last 2 versions of windows media player. right click on the taskbar, select tools, and then unselect windows media player.

svnrd said:
it's a feature of the last 2 versions of windows media player. right click on the taskbar, select tools, and then unselect windows media player.

I don't think he is talking about that, it's just that wmp doesn't close you are not able to see on the desktop or taskbar but in the task manager it's process is still running, it's happened to me once or twice, usually went away by itself or a fresh install.

Saruji said:
sorry m8 but your very wrong, firefox ver 1, is compatible with hmmm 99.9 ok 99.8% of web sites, you just have to know how to unleash the power,.... hint: use extentions :) Firefox is taking over, i never knew a browser could be this much better!!!

FireFox will NOT work with sites that are not Netscape compatible. ie: radio.launch.yahoo.com, it WILL NOT load the player. I have to use IE for this, so
Emporer Palpatine said:
"I'm afraid it is you, young Jedi, that are wrong about a great many of things"

theMonster said:
FireFox will NOT work with sites that are not Netscape compatible. ie: radio.launch.yahoo.com, it WILL NOT load the player. I have to use IE for this, so

sorry m8, just keep up with the firefox news here is a linky :)

read here m8 FIREFOX RULEZ!!!

:D :D :D

trust me it plays em, and there's a link so that you can start playing them too.

my laptop is not infested with any viruses or spyware. media player simply gets stuck running in the background and it wont allow me to shut down the computer without prompting me to close the program because of this.

Back