• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu1 and cpu2 temps WAY OFF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrisk19938

Registered
on my GA-K8NF-9 MB using a amd64 3500+ . I ran a few programs checking CPU temps. has cpu1 and cpu2 and the temps are WAY OFF. where is CPU2? I can't find ANYTHING about it. in my bios says the cpu is running at 29-31deg c and my cpu temp is showing 69-70 deg c.

what am i missing.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!
...and please help cure cancer by folding for team 32

What exactally are you using for CPU temps? My guess is that the tool is off or not compatible with your board

What programs are you using. If you are useing motherboard monitor and it is set up incorrectly it may knock the readings of your other programs off as well. I recommend uninstalling all the programs but one, perferably the one that came with the motherboard to find out. Also boot into the bios anc check out what the idle temps are there, compare it with the idle temps in windows to get a better idea of what is more accureate.

tried 2 programs how do i getg temps in windows without using other programs? I have tried everest and hmonitor they both say the same temps.

also in my bios I dont have a second temp setting.
wondering if that temp is FALSE!

Last edited:
probably is......

makes no sense as to why you would have 2 cpu temps with a single-proc rig...

just wanted to be 110% SURE before i start oc'ing this new box of mine.

dont want to destroy it already!

chrisk19938 said:
just wanted to be 110% SURE before i start oc'ing this new box of mine.

dont want to destroy it already!
Have you checked your temps under "PC Health" in your BIOS? Check and see what it says. Sure its just an idle temp but it should give you an idea of which of those 2 CPU temps are correct ;)

Sentential said:
Have you checked your temps under "PC Health" in your BIOS? Check and see what it says. Sure its just an idle temp but it should give you an idea of which of those 2 CPU temps are correct ;)

that i DID do. and it is the lower of the 2 numbers. My cpu is running 29-31deg c at idle. internal case temps are around 22-23 deg c

temps are

cpu 29-31 c - idle
case temps is 23-30 c

have no clue on the vid card

I do keep my heat LOW in the house.

I am willing to bet the programs in windows are using the incorrect sensors. Download Motherboard Monitor 5 and I know that I saw a guide out there that had which sensor to use for which mobo, I would just play around with it (set different sensors until temps match up).

Winchester MAX case temp is 70*C and core temp 63*C if I remember correctly. Sensors are incorrect, but so high values are definietly bad. Get some nice cooler and AS5, till then - think about improving airflow around heatsink to avoid damage of CPU.

BIOS temps are idle. Temp sensors use mobo sensors in similair way so I'd rather be careful. Maybe that CPU isn't dieing from overheating, but it's better to keep it safe.

30C idle to 70C load <- thats just complete non sense, besides he wouldnt be running temps at full load maybe like 5-10% load. In either case that would mean as soon as something uses 100% for too long his chip would fry. Also where is thermal shut off set (what temp)??

i have my cpu warning set at 60deg c and my warning NEVER went off.
I also ran prime95 for a while and the warning NEVER went off.

for cooling i am using a thermtake xp120. I have 7 case fans + my cpu fan

also IF I used MM5 since this MB just came out where owuld i find the proper settings???

i tried mm5 and when i install it and try to just set it up it throws my system into a frenzy. all the bells and whisle alarms go off.

Sentential said:
MBM5 isnt deisgned to work on your motherboard....however THIS is :D:
http://www.techspot.com/drivers/index/file/information/3428

That tuning program is specific to gigabyte and has all the reletive information

i had that on my install disk and it dont run correctly. I will try and d/l that and see if it makes a differance.

by bells and whistle i mean the warnings are set to be on in the bios. so if something fails or isn't monitored correctly it will set the alarms off.

Back