• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan/wcing setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThisBullet

Registered
Hi everyone. I have the Lian-Li pc70. Excellent case and highly reccommended. got it for 160 shipped. I was stupid when i first got it i was thinking like 10 fans and liquid cooling lol. Got overwhelmed. So im trying to limit the number of fans. you can explore what i have done to it so far at http://saveon-magazines.net/files . The folder from december is most recent. Check that one out . the first one shows only partially done work. I have a number of fans to work with. They are as follows
3x quad led blue 120mm fans
2x " " 92mm fans
4x stock lianli fans 80mm

Now i plan on putting two 92mm fans in the front for intake and a dual120mm radiator with dual 120mm fans. Only problem even if i turn the intake up to 12 volts and the exhaust on the radiator down to say -- 7 volts. I still have more exhaust because i have a 550 Watt superflower PSU with a 120mm fan blowing exhaust out of it. Im kinda frusterated because i cant figure out a way to balance it. i also cut out a factory grill i didnt want cut out. I was thinking of meshing the 2 sets of dual 80mm factory grills into curved rectangles. any tips on doing that? you might want to look at my sucky drawing. i am thinking disclude the fan on the bottom since it will suck up every thing imaginable on my floor or desk. But you do see the point that i want to increase intake to even out my outtake/intake levels. More exhaust is bad right? can somone help me out here? I'll try to leave the post at this. i dont want to go overboard with questions. i know i have more questions regarding this topic i just cant think of. maybe im just going phsycho. who knows. but ill post them if i remember them. you heres my terrible drawing lol.
plan.jpg

my appologies if this is too large. i will gladly shrink it.
I have been hung up on my cooling layout. Can somone help me out a little. i want to get moving along here lol.

:burn: :beer: lmfao
peace out

note: feel free to go overboard with questions

Ok, more exhaust is not a bad thing, if you put filters over the holes in the case you will not draw in any dust. The intake on the bottom is pretty useless since it can't draw much air. You do not need 2 92mm fans in the front 1 will do quite nicely. Also have you cut out the fan grids yet?? That will help make it quieter.

i cut out one factory grill in the back and was going to put a fan there. i am having second thoughts. i dont want too much fans. what do you suggest i do. should i cut them out? push mesh? do something else? put a fan? leave it. anything on your mind will probably help me thanks :santa:

Back