• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neo2 Platinum memory preference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilAerosolCan

I'm stuck between G.Skill 4400 LE and OCZ 3200 Plat. Rev. 2. Does the MSI Neo2 Platinum have a preference with memory, or will either one work good?

Either option is great but I personally would go for the Gskill. Ive seen many people have unbelevable results from it

Go with the G. Skills...the OCZ needs more voltage then what the MSI has to offer...the G. Skill is also gaurt. to run at PC4400 (275FSB/HT) specs at default voltage...

Plus it is possible to benchmark at 275/5-3-3-2.5/1T/1:1/2.85v (this is with the LC models...not the top of the line G. Skills...)

One thing...if you need/want 1G...then go with the LE's...if you dont need/want 1G...then go with the LA's (only come in 512DC kits right now)...the LA's are DDR 600 rate and actually perform better with better timings and have been known to hit well over DDR700 at 1T/1:1 timings...

To be honest...I did not see that much of a performance gain when going from 2x256 to 2x512 on my A64 system...not compaired when going from 512 to 1G on my NF2...

Back