• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless mouse help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Guyz, I need some help/advise. My trusty logitech mouseman is screwy. The scolling wheel seems to be biting the dust. I've never dropped it. I've cleaned it out and swapped batteries and still the wheel will scroll randomly. It's driving me crazy. I've done evrything I know and nothing seems to fix it. Last resort is to buy a new one. I game frequently so my questions are:

If i go with a rechargable one (ie ; MX700, MX1000, etc) how long does it stay fully charged?

Can I use it to game?
Will it die out after several hours or quickly with game play?
How responsive are they?
Are they worth buying over the battery powered one like my mouseman?

I'm gonna be heading out today to buy it so I'll need your input asap.

Any help is greatly apprecaited!

:)

my mx700 stays charged for over a month, but if I throw it on the charger at night, its stays charged forever. I've had mine since August, and I've only had to charge it once, because I left it at school over winter break (5 weeks) and it still wasn't dead)

I dunno about the MX1000, but the MX700 is horrible for gaming IMO. It's not very responsive & if the batteries run down, you start to lose sensitivity. The only thing I find it does great is serve as a mouse for my backup rig. I can have two mice on the same pad....But I have to make sure the receiver is in a good place otherwise it stops tracking. (which is about 3 feet from the mouse & nothing blocking the front of the receiver).........It does stay charged for quite some time now & I've had it for over a year.

I'd get a MX500 Neb, those ROCK. It does have a cord, but I bet you notice the consistent & responsive reaction from it oppose to a cordless. Although the MX1000 could be a different story.....

I have the mx1000. Best mouse ever. It is by far the most sensitive mouse for gaming because its a lazer mouse. It stays charged for a long time too. I have only recharged it twice since christmas

Hmmm, the MX700 is horrible in games, but the MX1000 is better and you've only charged it 2x since christmas. Not too good, but not too shabby either.

Hey obsolete, I really don't want a wired mouse. I've got a wired one on my back up. I hate seeing wires especially on my clean desk, lol.

I'll just have to keep looking to see what works best. If not I'll just get the same one since I luv it. I'll just have to deal with the dang batteries :rolleyes:.

Keep that info commin guyz!

Thanx for the great info guyz. I just got me an MX1000 @ staples for an awsome price. $20 cheaper than BB. I just installed it and it's soooooo smooth. Really responsive too! :D

Oh, here's da linky

;)

it's a great mouse, i like this size, and how it fits my hand...and i just throw in the recharger like...maybe at night once a week while i sleep, and it keeps my little cousin off the computer, because he cant find the mouse

techun said:
it's a great mouse, i like this size, and how it fits my hand...and i just throw in the recharger like...maybe at night once a week while i sleep, and it keeps my little cousin off the computer, because he cant find the mouse

LOL ! :D

Back