• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 what chips to heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tinylvis

Can someone tell me which chips on an ABIT AI7 I should put heatsinks on. I'm not sure what is a MOSFET and what is something else that doesn't or what should be hestsinked. I guess "should" is a relitive term as I'm sure that they probably don't need to be sinked but this is an astetic project of a hobby I enjoy and its just part of the overall look.

Mosfets are little black flat square components. You can find a lot of them on the mobo, but the important ones to sink are the ones closest to the CPU (along the top and back edge of the mobo).

Heatsinks and a good airflow is really a must with this mobo, if you want to get high speeds (and high power consumptions) with a Prescott CPU.

I installed 8 little heatsinks (from an Epox PowerPack, they are really little) on mine. I installed a heatsink on the southbridge too, but it's not really usefull.

++

Back