• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CBBID at ZZF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toaster Oven

Just ordered an A64 3200+ Retail at ZipZoomFly and got:

ADA3200DIK4BI
CBBID 0451FPGW

I don't know much about the CBBID stepping except that supposedly it clocks better than the older steppings? Just giving a heads up in case someone's looking for one. I haven't tested it out since I'm waiting on the rest of my build parts for this rig. For now it will have to wait in my bedroom along with the Neo4 Ultra I got yesterday :santa:

I have seen CBBID as early as 0446.

With the K8N Neo4 Ultra, what memory and video card(s) are you planning to use?

Nice. Gonna slap some chilly water on that puppy? Seems the CBBIDs are having an easier time of getting past 2.6Ghz.

Toaster Oven said:
I don't know much about the CBBID stepping except that supposedly it clocks better than the older steppings? Just giving a heads up in case someone's looking for one.
Yes the newer steppings clock quite a bit better than the older ones. Thanks for the heads up. It appears I will be replacing mine alot sooner than I thought

TimoneX said:
Nice. Gonna slap some chilly water on that puppy? Seems the CBBIDs are having an easier time of getting past 2.6Ghz.

I plan on giving it a try as soon as I get an adapter plate for my Whitewater. I'm curious as to how it'll handle subzero temps. :)

Toaster Oven said:
I plan on giving it a try as soon as I get an adapter plate for my Whitewater. I'm curious as to how it'll handle subzero temps. :)

Hopefully better than my CBBHD. Doesn't seem to matter how cold I get this thing or how much voltage I put through the sucker it won't make nice with 2.7 Ghz. Ah well could be alot worse than 2.62Ghz. Seems like it's the memory controllers that create the ceiling. I'll be following your results closely though, keep us posted.

As you are waiting for the PCI-e 6600 GT, if you have an old PCI video card, you may try to boot and test the system with the Neo4 Ultra, CPU and the TCCD memory modules. Use an empty partition to temporarily install the OS.

If it works, you can get an idea how the CPU would do.

hitechjb1 said:
As you are waiting for the PCI-e 6600 GT, if you have an old PCI video card, you may try to boot and test the system with the Neo4 Ultra, CPU and the TCCD memory modules. Use an empty partition to temporarily install the OS.

If it works, you can get an idea how the CPU would do.

I have some spare parts I could throw in there to get it running but I really don't have a decent PSU to power it up right now. I have my old TP430W but I'm hesitant to install it as it's only got 20A on the 12V line. Still waiting on a 500W Fortron Blue Storm. :(

the blue storm is a really nice unit. the dual +12v rails are execptional. no volt sagging at all. why not get a 6800 for that? no reason to settle for a 660GT (except for financial reason) :p

i'll check this thread out some more over the next few days and see how your results end up. this could be interesting.

A TP430 should work since you are mainly testing the CPU which draws the only major 12 V current for the test.

Depending on how eager you want to test the CPU, the 20 pin connector of the TP430 may even work without a 20-24 adapter, by connecting the 20 pin aligning to one side of the 24 pin socket. By doing this, I assume you know what to look for without connecting wrong voltage pins. If you are not sure, DON'T DO THIS, or rather using a 20-24 pin adapter which is not good for the long run, but OK for temporarily testing.

sevendevilhell said:
the blue storm is a really nice unit. the dual +12v rails are execptional. no volt sagging at all. why not get a 6800 for that? no reason to settle for a 660GT (except for financial reason) :p

i'll check this thread out some more over the next few days and see how your results end up. this could be interesting.

Reason is that I'm not a gamer. Actually that's not quite right, I don't play any games at all. :p I just wanted the Dual DVI + HDTV output and Purevideo technology for HTPC reasons.

I'll post a new thread when I get some solid results in. I should have all my parts by Monday so sometime next week.

How are you getting on Toaster?

From my side a crap Neo4 which don't boot any higher than 230sh and a crap Winnie 0451 CBBID which don't go over 2400-2500...

this is really interesting. I have heard mixed reviews on the CBBID stepping. Mine is stuck at 2.5 b/c of my ram. :(
ppl have been saying it is either hit or miss with this stepping. good luck! hope yours clocks high!

i have a cbbid stepping 3000+. i got to 2.4ghz, but i think my power supply and ram might be holding me back.

Hehehe it's not your memory, it's not your PSUs your problem are THE CBBIDs believe me. I tested 2 and got just garbage and even worse MSI Neo4 has a particular issue with this step and won't allow you but any higher than 215-220 HTT.

RafaDel said:
Hehehe it's not your memory, it's not your PSUs your problem are THE CBBIDs believe me. I tested 2 and got just garbage and even worse MSI Neo4 has a particular issue with this step and won't allow you but any higher than 215-220 HTT.

Your sig shows 2.4Ghz with your 3000. A 600Mhz OC seems decent for a cou in its infancy. It wasn't until the death of Socket A's (mobile barton cores) that OCing made huge gains. I know some of the 1700's Oced nicely as well, but the mobiles made the masses OCers. I think we were all too spoiled on the mobiles and forget how complex it is to get a great OC. I'll take a 600Mhz OC on my CBBID anyday and be happy with it.

I'm running a 3500 CBBID 0451 and it's seem ok for now. Running 290x9 on Asus av8 and currenty running @ 2.7ghz @ 1.625. The 3000 seem to top out around 2.5ghz for me haven't try the 3200 yet.

Back