• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Norton internet security and FAH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

portorock

Has anyone found a way to consistantly have FAH get new wu with NIS enabled. I have to disable it every time I finish a wu now and it is becoming very annoying. It won't stop me from folding or anything like that, but I don't want to have to keep monitoring FAH to see if it is just sitting idle or not. I have the cores and the .exe file with full access to the net and it still happens.

Configuring F@H to use IE settings have all 8 of my folding rigs consistently receiving/sending units. Be sure to re-initialize the clients after the re-config.

Goodluck!

yea nis doesn't give me a single problem with folding.... the first time a little warning came up but never again.

On my rigs, other than a one time prompt to allow FAH502-Console.exe, NIS2003 hasn't called for any special configuration for incoming/outgoing connections. May not be the same for all, but the resolution to my randomly inconsistent connection issues was solved by answering yes to "Use Internet Explorer Settings <no/yes>". All smooth sailing here now with no extra effort on my part. Before I did this, I also had to disable NIS til I sent/received, or rebooted.

Back