• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DooM III meets halo !?!?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like a real bad rip off of both games, with the horrible PS2 graphics. They shouldn't give a game the name Area 51 unless it uses a light gun.

Feydd said:
Looks like a real bad rip off of both games, with the horrible PS2 graphics. They shouldn't give a game the name Area 51 unless it uses a light gun.
Yea i thought it would be cool...but when the aliens act like imps? no not cool anymore

I remember when I first heard about this game and saw the original teaser trailer(with grey aliens crowded around in the shadows), and I was like HOLY ****! I thought it looked so amazing and creepy and everything.

Then I saw the screenshots and started to cry. The trailer, although obviously a cgi movie, gave me the assumption that the game would look like that, but the screenshots look like a damn cartoon or something. Its got graphics comparable to an average ps2 game and it just doesnt look cool anymore.

And any one notice how many different games tried to rip off the look of the Doom Marine? Does ID have to do all the work for every one else?

it was announced for pc last second soo chances are those screens are prob console screens, infact under gamespot there are no screens for the pc version
The game has always been announced for the PS2 and Xbox, but no official announcement has been made for a PC version, and Midway reps were unavailable for comment at press time. We know the game will be shooting up the PS2 and Xbox early this year, but it's anyone's guess as to when it will be released for the PC.

it will also have multiplayer

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/area51pc/news_6116652.html

Feydd said:

haha u read my mind - good ol Area 51 in the arcades :D

Back