• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

160gB ide hdd $49.99 AFTER MIR@Fry's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tenchi86 said:
Frys? I have heard so very naughty things about this place.
Ive hear only so so things about em too. I'd rather see it up front personally like what office max usualy does. Plus ive got way too many IDE drives as it is

I liked fry's... when I lived in california it was awesome.. they always had in-store deals you couldnt pass up.. wasted quite a bit of my "lawn mowing cash" there... now my parents just read me the add and see if there's anything im interested in lol :attn:

I dont know if this deal is still valid...but I ordered a Seagate HDD.It seems like the same exact offer ona Seagate version with the exact same specs.They say you need to wait 6-10 weeks for your MIR to arrive.Mine arrived today....but I sent it in 4 months ago.The MIR was through another company which apparently was contracted to handle the MIR's.I called their customer service twice,and each time they had no records of my MIR.First time I called after waiting 8 weeks because I also heard some bad things about their MIR programs.The second call came about a month later.I was just about to call a final time,and it was here today.I took twice as long to receive,and customer service didnt help out a bit...but it finally came.

Super Nade said:
From what I hear, you may be among the lucky few who actually got back a MIR :)

Yeah...thats why I called the customer service department twice.I heard alot of people never recieved their MIR.When I called,I made sure to specify that I made copies of everything I sent just in case it gave them the idea that I was "smarter than the average bear" and knew they couldnt pull a quick one on someone who could show proof of being eligible.I wont do a Fry's MIR agains after that...I really think I got lucky.

Back