• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where do I start my OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

Its stable as a rock. I just ran S&M tester and it peaked at 41C and ran memtest for 24 hours straight without an error, so where do I start OCing? increase the mem speed and decrease the latency? problem is, IDK how to increase the speed. I see a max memclock setting, but no speed or divider. Is the divider always the the same as the HTT multi so its always 1:1? if so, if I just increase the HTT, will that increase the mem speed?

wow, thats a nice setup.... start off by increasing your fsb, or in a athlon 64 system it is probaly referred to as hyper transport bus or HTT. increasing that will overclock your ram and your cpu, start off by jumping it up to 215, that should defininetly be stable unless your ram sucks. Keep increasing that slowly, also read the stickies they will further assist you.

Back