• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any1 playing WoW, or is gonna play?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

making a giuld in world of warcraft, if anyone has mIRC come on quakenet and join #ex-uk.wow even if u r not interested please join and idle and talk about WoW!

will be fun, see you there ;)

Last edited:
ahhh, i see... well, still feel free to drop in for WoW talks etc... will take a look at the OCG guild :D

Its true we play on Illidan, but I'm not able to play right now I don't have 15 bucks right at this time.

I'm going to climb back on my horse and still say that we shouldn't pay for a game that only works if you pay a monthly fee.

On the subject of WOW. Do any of you get error 132 or any other errors? I get 132 errors too often. I'm prime95 and memtest stable.

I really want to play it but really dont want to pay a monthly fee, $50 for the game and another $180 for a year, thats $230 for the stinking game, thats as much for a new 6600gt!!!!

Thats why Guild wars is coming out!!!! :thup:

I play, I have two characters. Talison and Ashenfang. I haven't been on much lately because WoW has been a hooker. I am working on reinstalling the game since thats what tech support suggested :mad:

Wow is only stable on my unoverclocked system. Its kind of lame but the code is kind of buggy so i guess i can deal. Not like the cpu makes that much of a difference in the game. I just use nvidias windows based overclocking stuff to overclock on the fly now

WildMonkey said:
I'm going to climb back on my horse and still say that we shouldn't pay for a game that only works if you pay a monthly fee.

You keep saying that... and I'll keep enjoying my favorite game for $15/mo. ;)

YellowDart said:
You keep saying that... and I'll keep enjoying my favorite game for $15/mo. ;)

Yea i have friends that are a little too crazy over WoW. i have personally played FFXI (PS2) and loved it....but no offense to really progress a good game like that your talking crazy amount of man hours....between testing, overclocking and everything else i don't see how all of you have any time left in your day....

To those of you contemplating it, I've said this before. I have not played this game, but a lot of people I know do. Its like gaming crack. Be aware. :p

I played WoW for almost 2 months. While a great game, I think it needs a few more months to mature, before its read for any serious gameplay. I was absolutely mortified by the service Blizzard was providing for $15 a month.

dkdgbroyles said:
On the subject of WOW. Do any of you get error 132 or any other errors? I get 132 errors too often. I'm prime95 and memtest stable.
Do you use cosmos, or another custom UI? If so that's probably the cause of it.

^^^

Yea, I only got the 132 errors after I started using a custom UI. Try uninstalling it, if you can live without it... lol.

darkknight187 said:
Yea i have friends that are a little too crazy over WoW. i have personally played FFXI (PS2) and loved it....but no offense to really progress a good game like that your talking crazy amount of man hours....between testing, overclocking and everything else i don't see how all of you have any time left in your day....

this game moves much much faster then ffxi does....ive played both for a good amount of time. Traveling is alot easier in WoW so is soloing...

KfistoRok said:
To those of you contemplating it, I've said this before. I have not played this game, but a lot of people I know do. Its like gaming crack. Be aware. :p

come on....join us you know you want to :)

I just started leveling my Character on Stormreaver as well, feel free to come and play with us, Horde on Illidan or Alliance on Stormreaver. Our guild is at 56 members so far on Illidan so we are growing :)

J :cool:

El-Scotto said:
this game moves much much faster then ffxi does....ive played both for a good amount of time. Traveling is alot easier in WoW so is soloing...

Yea from what i hear the game keeps players a bit distanced from each other, certain things about it sound nice, but on my ffxi account i found it nice to just be able to have any job with any character so if leveling my pld doesnt go well i just switch to bst and go solo...

/ontopic any mmorpg is like crack for a gamer and it will keep you gaming for so many long hours, personally with school, work, and as of around a month or so ago holding up a bit more of a social life makes it alot harder to stay into a game like FFXI, from what i read WoW is a rather quick paced game
and if it wasnt for me already having ffxi i would surely try wow, but its just a bit costly, one i can justify.....2 is just nuts. (and besides if i completely stop with FFXI i still got a 40gb hdd left for use)

Back