• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some expert o/c advice for NEo2 Plat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumking

Registered
Im currently running a 3000 Winnie at 260x9 @ 1.45V HTT x3. Everything is stable. I can run 3dmark03 for 12 hours and not one crash. Thats good enough for me. However when I go past 260, 3dmark03 crashes on the cpu tests.

does that mean the ram needs more juice? or the cpu? the ram is currently set at 2.6V with 2-3-3-7 timings with my max set at 166. If anyone can please give me some advice on what to make it stable, i would appreciate it

rumking said:
Im currently running a 3000 Winnie at 260x9 @ 1.45V HTT x3. Everything is stable. I can run 3dmark03 for 12 hours and not one crash. Thats good enough for me. However when I go past 260, 3dmark03 crashes on the cpu tests.

does that mean the ram needs more juice? or the cpu? the ram is currently set at 2.6V with 2-3-3-7 timings with my max set at 166. If anyone can please give me some advice on what to make it stable, i would appreciate it

Up the core voltage first and see what happens...if still unstable...raise the memory voltage...if still unstable...readjust the memory timings...

Keep a eye on your voltage rails also...

I have a TT 480 butterfly psu. im gonna try loosening the timings, maybe thats whats messing it up.

rumking said:
I have a TT 480 butterfly psu. im gonna try loosening the timings, maybe thats whats messing it up.

Definetly keep a eye on your rails then...odds are you will have to physically adjust the POTs inside the PSU case...keep a eye on your +12 and +5 rails...

If the +12 drops below 11.9 and/or the +5 is less then 5.03...this could be another reason...besides the memory timings...

ADjust my POT's? any place I can go to figure out how to do that?

Here are my rails as shown on MSI Core Center...

3.36V
4.97V
11.84V

Last edited:
Back