• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this going to work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2003ZYMach1

Registered
I'm currently trying to decide what to get... I know we get tons of these questions, but I wanted to pass this list by you guys to see what comments you may have.

Current plan...

A64 3400+ 2.4ghz 512k - Newegg $199
Geil PC4000 512x2 - Newegg $192.50
DFI Lanparty UT 250GB - Newegg $109

I want to get this running at a minimum of 10x240 HTT for the 2.4Ghz chip with memory timings at 2.5-4-4-7 and then see if I can get 10x250 HTT for 2.5Ghz overclock. Does anyone know of any limiting factor here that I may be overlooking?

I realize most people are going to tell me to get a S939 board with one of the 90nm CPUs but at this point the system above seems to be the best number cruncher for the overall cost. You can't get even a 3200+ 939 for under $200 that I know of and there are no DFI boards for 939 that are anywhere near this price. I'm not concerned about upgrade potential because I know this system will work fine for probably the next 18 months... and by then there will be new boards and processors for DDR2 or whatever. I'm also not concerned about PCIE because my next video card is going to be an AGP 6800 GT when the prices finally break a little.

It looks fine to me, but I don't know much about the A64 stuff. Just so you know the mobo is linked to the geil mem. Have you looked at the TCCD mem people are talking about? it seems to be pretty good, but I don't know which sticks have them.

Back