• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much did you pay for your card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

$180 for an ATI 256bit 9800pro. im thinking i got ripped off since i checked the core and its only an R350. think i should have gone with a 6600gt with that price. oh well, had it for 2 months and i cant complain.

Sounds like a fair price. The Pros are still In the 200's on newegg.

At any rate, I Got much higher clocks with my last 9800Pro with an R350. I have a R360 core BBA and i Cant get the core past 390, and the mem Much past 350.

A Bios flash would be a good idea for me, But i Done remember what memmory i have, and dont feel like looking unser the HS for it.

PS. I Paid 200+ for this card 2 months ago or Maybe 3 months ago. And that was on Sale.

Harry

189 Euro for a 5900xt April 2004 ($ 250 now, but it would have been less one year ago ofcourse ... ).
Suprisingly enough the price for a 5900xt stayed roughly the same ... for a little less you can get a 6600GT now :rolleyes:

I think I made a good choice by buying that card, instead of a 9600xt (roughly the same price back then, and the only other alternative for me). Most of the games I have / play, are Dx8, and I'm more cpu limited than videocard limited in Dx9 games anyway.

Bought my Ti4600 three months ago for $75 shipped. I found it on ebay, and it was a brand new still unopened retail box card.

I paid $509 + 2nd day air shipping for my X800XT PE.

Before that, I got in on a price mistake from best buy (last may), and stole a 6800GT from them for $299 shipped. Sold it to a bud of mine a few months ago..

Steven4563 said:
lol grov. i paid £185 i think for my 9700np about ayear and half ago

Heh, i was gonna get a 9800Pro at christmas before last, but decided to wait 6 months and get a X800. Im glad i did. I think id of been a little disapointed going from a Ti4600 to a 9800Pro. I also needed it for 1600x1200 gaming goodness. :D

Man it seems ages ago when i got it. I original had a Sapphire PE on preorder from 2 places, changed it, and then on June 11th, i got a phone call saying they had an Asus for me, so i had to pay the extra from 350 originally for the sapphire to 387 for the Asus.

It was a no brainer in my view. At the time they were like gold-dust in the whole world, lol, hardly anyone had a XTPE, let alone the Asus. :D

Over the last three years:

$154 for my first Sapphire 9500np, softmodded perfect and overclocked like a wild mofo. Bad install of heatsink = death :(
~$220 for my 9800np that overclocked relatively well but eventually died when the fan quit :(
~$300 for my 9800pro 256mb DDR3 that was essentially a rebadged 9800XT card. Flashed the core and enjoyed life. Sold it for $350 to a guy at work :)
$478 for my X800Pro Vivo that is essentially a rebadged X800XTPE. Flashed, overclocked and watercooled :) w00t!

Back