• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who Has The Last Mobile Barton!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quentin

Who Has The Last Mobile XP!

felinusz said:
...The standard (speed-bin) for Mobile Barton processors was (I say 'was' because the chips are no longer fabbed AFAIK) simply much higher then for desktop chips - there are no physical differences that would dictate a different maximum VCORE voltage rating...

I have heard felinusz and others say the mobile XPs no longer are being made.

Let's try to pin down the date of the last one encountered here. I'll start off the list - I bought three December 2004 from NewEgg and here are the dates:

MXP2200+ AXMD2200FJQ4C AQYHA 0427 DPOW
MXP2400+ AXMH2400FQQ4C AQYHA 0440 UPGW
MXP2600+ AXMG2600FQQ4C AQYHA 0421 FPMW

The latest date is 0440, about the last week of September or the first week of October, 2004.

Any dates later than that?

I've noticed the price of the low end mobiles like the 1.35v MXP2200+ and 1.45v MXP2400+ have creeped up from $77 to $85 over the last month and that NewEgg has trouble keeping them in stock. That could be a sign they're getting harder to find. So far the MXP2600+ is holding at $95. Anybody who needs a mobile better get them while they're hot!

Last edited:
Well, that's good news, the 49th week means AMD was cranking them out in Dec. Wonder if that's the cut off or will we see 0501?

Got my 2600 mobile from newegg(like everone else in the world apparently) about a month ago. It is an IQYHA 0447. you guys got me beat by 2 weeks.

I got one of those 2600XP-Ms from Excaliber before they sold out. I think they are 045xx IHQYA. Haven't tested it so far though.

Byrus said:
I just bought a mobile 2600 from Newegg.
IDYHA 0449 GPMW

Spacemonkey said:
My 2600 came today. Haven't put it in yet.
IDYHA 0449MPMW

I have the same exact stepping as you Byrus. Got mine from newegg also. I purchased mine the first week of January. I'm intrested in seeing how far you guys can overclock yours. Check out my sig, I cannot do 1 mhz more... :eh?:

Last edited:
This is just like the Thoroughbred story, some people were convinced they would stop making them in 2003.

*NEWSFLASH* They are still making Thoroughbreds in Q1 2005 let alone Bartons!

Got FSB?? said:
I have the same exact stepping as you Byrus. Got mine from newegg also. I purchased mine the first week of January. I'm intrested in seeing how far you guys can overclock yours. Check out my sig, I cannot do 1 mhz more... :eh?:

So far i'm at 206x11.5. 1.7v. 33c. I should be able to get a lot more out of this one.

c627627 said:
This is just like the Thoroughbred story, some people were convinced they would stop making them in 2003.

*NEWSFLASH* They are still making Thoroughbreds in Q1 2005 let alone Bartons!

I hope you're right, c627627, and you usually are! AMD has to offer Socket A processors a little longer for upgraders and new value systems but it sure looks like they intend to name them Sempron.

Won't those new T-Breds and the mobile Bartons soon be available only as Semprons and mobile Semprons?

Oh, well, it's interesting to find out the most recent dates!

c627627

Source?

This is not exactly a definitive piece of proof, but I had an email correspondence with AMD on this topic a while ago.

They told me that several Mobile Barton core processor PRs were being 'discontinued'.

felinusz

In an email correspondence with AMD a few weeks ago, I learned that "several of the Socket A Mobile Barton PRs are being discontinued". Meaning, AMD is cutting fabrication of many of their Socket A Mobile Barton processors.....

.....My email question to AMD was specifically about Mobile Barton processors, but I think it's safe to assume that they are cutting production of other "Desktop" Socket A processors as well, as Athlon64 takes grip of their market.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3264408&highlight=Barton#post3264408

I am afraid that I do not have the emails anymore, or I would post them here.

I have, however, sent yet another email to AMD, to clear this up once an for all. The best way to eliminate any confusion, is a direct question posed to AMD themselves :)

My second email to AMD, sent 2/1/05

I am wondering whether or not Mobile 'Barton' core Socket A Processors are still being fabricated by AMD, and whether or not these processors are still available for bulk purchase by resellers.

Thank you for your time,

In any case, the last M-2600+ that I ever owned was stepped IQYHA 0447 APMW. It overclocked to 2700 MHz with full stability, needing 1.85V of VCORE. This was under my watercooling.

Quentin said:
I hope you're right, c627627, and you usually are! AMD has to offer Socket A processors a little longer for upgraders
:-/ I hate to say this but the sooner they kill off this socket the better. At the rate they are going SocketA will be around by the time S754 and S939 die

I don't think there's any indication the latest Mobiles do the best. The best ones were around 0340-0352, IQYHA. In fact, I recently picked up an IQYHA XP2600-M here in Japan since it was a 0349. I've two in that range and they do 2600 at 1.65-1.78 volts or so (on water).

Ben Cole said:
Idyha 0502 Rpmw

Ben, thanks for the information. I remember you were having a problem with an XP3200 that didn't run at stock speed. Hope you got it resolved and that you like your brand new mobile. Hope you got "gold" again!

Back