• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good, cheap, quiet socket 478 heatsink, NOT for overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Achilles17

What is a good socket 478 heatsink that is quiet, and would NOT be used for overclocking. Its for my dad, who just wants to keep his computer stable. Im giving him my old processor, but I dont have the stock HS anymore, so I need a new one. I saw SSS say somewhere that the stock intel heatsink is 39dba, which is REAL loud. Anyone recommend something thats cheap, quiet (30dba max), and would keep it stable?

Oh, also, what would be a good passive NB cooler for the P4C800-E? I lost the retention bracket for the stock cooler, and 875P chipsets have that weird mounting system. So what passive HS is cheap and fairly decent? Thanks guys!

Arctic Cooling Freezer 4, the freezer64 keeps my friend's cpu at 33c load....but I swapped the stock silent fan with a tornado. At stock its still awesome and dead silent.

EDIT: Most places sell it for ~$30, but directron has them for $22.

Back