• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Reboots for no reason

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

honda_man

I keep having a problem with my system rebooting for no reason when i am listening to music in Winamp or playing a game. The only thing I have done is flash the bios to the most recent version I could find which is the NF7D26. I have not been able to succesfully OC due to my reboots, is this a problem with the version of bios I am runnning? Thnx.

what other specs do you need or want other than what is in my sig? As for configuration I am running at 200 fsb with a 10.5 multiplier. memory timing 2-2-2-5. bothe my CPU and Memory are 400 FSB. I am not sure what else you need to know? everything is set to default.

NF7d_27 is the newest bios release for that board.

You may want to try that.

instability or overheating. i doubt the bios although its possible.
Does it reboot when its a stock speed?
Also try one of the Merlin BIOS's

Yes it is rebooting at stock speed and from what I can tell I have no overheating. I use MBM for my temps and voltages, nothing looks out of the ordinary. My Northbrig fan died and I have been using the stock setup but just changed that out to a different heatsink and fan.

Try testing your RAM with memtest. It may not like running at 200FSB with aggressive setting. Try relaxing the timing to 3-3-3-10 and see if it still reboots.
There are a number of reasons why a system reboots but the most common
are overheating and the system not being able to take the o/c of the cpu or RAM.

Last edited:
this may sound stupid, but try re-seating your CPU, and checking the mounting of your motherboard...

I'm currently using a similar setup and i thought the psu was to blame...turned out it was the motherboard wasnt happy sitting where it was.

Also is it just me or are the later nf7's really shoddily made? I start mine up and the NB fan almost dies.

Mine did exactly the same thing. It turned out to be my memory timing. Definitely try the Memtest like Maxima88 said.

well, I just flashed the bios a little while ago and so far it is running good, I will know more tomorrow after I run it longer.

After running my pc for over 24 hrs I have not had a reboot occur sinceflashing the updated bios. So I guess that must have been my problem. Thnx for the help.

Back