• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quality aftermarket HSF for 5600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

erasmus372

I own this card (picture of available hsf mounts): MSI GeforceFX 5600 VTDR128

I had it up to 425/658 @ 1.5v (stock 270/550) before my mb died on me (not due to OC) with zero visible artifacts in 3dmark or my games. It *said* it was 52°C under full load at these speeds.

The stock hsf kinda reminds me of a mini AS, and it works fairly well except that the pins are so tight they pull up the aluminum spreaders at the edges so they barely (if at all) touch any of the ram. I've tried bending the back spreader...I eventually got it to touch all 4 rams heh, barely touch any of them that is :)

Well I think I could get pretty darn high and run cooler if I got me some OCZ copper ramsinks and a nice aftermarket hsf for the gpu ~ due to circumstances (not $$ so much) upgrading to a new card ain't possible so I figured I could have some fun with this one.

Only thing is, there aren't any Arctic Silencers that *say* they fit a 5600. Although this one looks as if either rev 1 or 2 of the NV1 would work: NV1 bottom

Then there is also NV1 rev2 which could fit: NV1 rev2 pics

Anyone know? I know the zalman will fit, but I prefer the hot air exhaust.

Last edited:
The Zalman Vf700-Cu will fit on the card. The Vf700-Cu can cool a 6600GT or 6800 so it should work wonders on your 5600.

Also you can get the Vf700-Cu for $34 with free shipping from Zipzoomfly.com

Yea the zalman is pretty nice and I like the company a lot. Downside is they come with square ramsinks and dont use the onboard 3pin power connector for the fan.

I dig the AC pci exhaust system, and the NV1's may use the onboard 3 pin, I havent been able to find out...but then the nv1 may not fit beside my zalman sb cooler on the neo2.

Back