• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rear Pci slot cover fan controls?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robprime

Registered
does anyone make manual fan speed controllers mounted on a pci slot cover? I have three fans that I would be able to set and forget and I don't want a bunch of ugly knobs poking out the front of my machine. One is the 3-pin cpu 80mm h/s fan that I'd like to set at the minimum rpm that keeps the cpu reasonably cool at max load. The other two are case fans that have regular 4-pin pws connectors on them, although I will buy the 3-pin kind if I have to. One is a 90mm pusher I have mounted low in the front of the case, blowing over the pci cards and exhausting out the rear there. The other is a 80mm puller (couldn't make a 90 fit in this micro atx case) that is mounted halfway up the rear chassis panel and pulls air in and over my hard drives and also exhausts the hot air from the cpu cooler. I'm wanting to balance the air flow of these two for a nice steady breeze through the case from front to back. The 80 spins very fast and blows a lot of air. It is quite near the cpu cooler and I'm worried that it will overwhelm that and cause problems so I want to turn it down some. I have a spare pci slot and the ideal for me would be a slot cover with three little knobs poking out the back.
Does anyone know where I can find something like that? Thanks,
Rob

I've surfed around quite a bit looking for this with no luck but perhaps I'm not naming it correctly in my searches.

yeah, I thought about that but thought I might see if there were some already available. I have a single knob one that came with my venus 12 cooler, and a 3 1/2 bay one also but I am using those elsewhere.

That's absolutely perfect, man. Exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it! I've been searching everywhere. It even does mobo monitoring. This'll work so good. Thanks, dude,
Rob

Back