• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What pump for this setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxxoverclocker

Right now im planning to build my first watercooled rig and was planning to have:
1 Pump (hence the question)
2 120mm Dual Radiators
about 6 ft of tubing
a reservour
and here is what will be in the loop
1 cpu block and 1 maybe 2 gpu blocks (prob not gonna h2o cool the nb, i think its pointless -- correct me if i'm wrong)

The pumps I was looking @ were the Swiftech MCP650 or the Eheim 1048 (but feel free to advise on another pump as this is my first build and have no experiance) thanks for the advice

we cant help you at all in any FAIR sence without knowing what your goals are

. so basicaly whats your case , budget , noise tolerance , hands on crafting skills , time availible , etc etc

you dont need a double heatercore setup for an average h2o setup and in fact many of the people and systems you see being talked about on these forums are above average setups .
you could go with a system running the ehiem and a 3/8ths tube if you choose your blocks well . as for reseviors they are a mixed bag as they are convinient but for some people they are not needed once the system is completely bled.

For noise to power ration,,Ya can never go wrong with a MCP600 known by other names as well..12v 10.5 feet of head quiet...In my opinion the best pump feature to feature out there straight from the box..

Well im planning to go all out with this rig so sound as long as its lower than 40dba for the pump im good, and it will be cooling (so far) Athlon 64 4000+ and 2 geforce 6800 Gts, Budjet doesn't really matter as long as the whole watercooling part of the setup is less than 300 and I have all the time in the world lol (glad im still in high school)

Back