• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any PCI-E sata cards out yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boostdfd3s

Disabled
hey every1,
i was wondering if there are any SATA raid cards out that utilize a PCI-E slot yet? If not will they be available in the near future?

Why would you want to do that? Any board new enough to have pci-e should have SATA, unless you plan on running more than 3 drives....

I think he wants to use SATA with PCI-E so he can take advantage of the large bandwidth that you get with PCI-E. However I think only SATA2 can take advantage of that extra capacity so you would need new drives that can play in that mode.

I might be running a larger array of drives, so i would need an add-in card, but PCI is used up for lesser things, so it would need to be a PCI-E card

hmmm...

Im debating which DFI NF4 board to purchase. I have absolutely NO use for SLI....but i can double my on-board SATA capacity for an extra $50.
So its either save $50 on the board, and stick one of those cards in a x16 slot, and have 8 SATAII ports, or buy the SLI board and have 4SATAII and 4SATA ports

EDIT: The 4-port card is $569.99 :eek: I think i have answered my own question

Back