• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VW's blue Pentosin antifreeze use propylene glycol?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesavery22

VW dealer is close to me so I'll probably just go ask, but I was googling at work and couldnt find it anywhere. Anyone know off the top of their head?

ctrl_alt_del_ said:
I have some at home, could prob check for you... but will be late tonight

I'd appreciate it. I dont even have the blocks or tubing for my setup yet. So not in any rush. Just collecting info.

ctrl_alt_del_ said:
all I know is that it looks awesome... using it 80/20 with 1/2 Tygon and white cathodes... I love it... I'll post later on today

Pretty much my drive for it :D Oh yeah how much was it for what size bottle? Im gonna have a pretty large external setup. So I want something that looks good but I'll need a lot of it. Probably 2 gal of distilled water so 1.6 gal of water so Id need a half a gallon bottle of antifreeze.

i got some of that vw antifreeze too but i only paid 15 bux for a gallon of it at my local dealer
and i mix it in about a 10/1 ratio with distilled water and it looks great

~Magick_Man~

hey James sorry about the delay,just looked over the label and it is not propylene glyco - says Ethylene Glycol and Diethylene Glycol though... hope it helps!!

Last edited:
yep he is right, no propylene glycol
just ethelyne glycol, diethelyne glycol, sebacic acid, sodium hydroxide, ethlthexanoic acid, water, corrosion inhibitors, defoamers, silicates, and dyes.
i know there was no reason for me to list all that but i am bored so what can i say.

~Magick_Man~

Back