• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dfi Punished By Nvidia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

DFI has been punished by nvidia.. nvidia is holiding back chips because of DFI's crack on the SLI setup. Hopefully the shortage wont last to long..

man i really want one of those Nforce 4 boards.. :attn:

Meaning what DFI get shafted as far as chips until they modify the Ultra boards or they are forced to pay a monetary fine for even dreaming of doing something like this?

no asus and othercomapnies are doing the same .. nvidia will have to give in .. otherwise what ?? no nvidia at all .. nvidia wil probablt find some way to control it .. and then the boards will try to fix that .. and etc..

i just think it sucks.. been waiting long time for these ..

it is the same as Asus getting past Intels lock on CPU's to allow overclocking - if a company can do it great - screw NVIDIA.

<---this lazy person says thnx for the link... and i think that nvidia will get over this... they have to or won't be able to move any of their chips.

If ASUS and Gigabyte also create their own hacks like the article said Nvidia will have no choice (also like the article said). I mean they wont make ANY money if they do not allow any mobo companies to make their boards with the chip.

too bad via couldnty make a huge impact right about now with some new technology they have.. that would hurt nvidia real bad ..

i think it may be too that nvidia is just not producing these chips in enough qauntities to keep up at the moment.. it will be slow for a second then there will be more than enough on the market .. but once again stuck with the dreaded waiting time..

wait a sec, i thought the hack on the chip it self hadnt been implimented from the factory....or are they talking about the driver hack?

Xtreme Barton said:
too bad via couldnty make a huge impact right about now with some new technology they have.. that would hurt nvidia real bad ..

i think it may be too that nvidia is just not producing these chips in enough qauntities to keep up at the moment.. it will be slow for a second then there will be more than enough on the market .. but once again stuck with the dreaded waiting time..

VIA is coming out with their new shipset ibeleive that has PCI-e support and some other nice items.

the dfi nf4 boards have already been shipped to us, zzf has them on sale for a little while till they sold out and newegg should have them soon

might wanna get those orders in :)

Jeez, it just seems like DFI's Ultra board will never come out. I don't want to go with MSI, but I'm starting to get impatient.

wow thats kinda nerv racking. I doubt that they will go through with it though.

well all i got to say is as soon as newegg gets dfi listed.. i dont care if its in stock or not im gonna order it and wait my turn in line ..

MAKE SURE IF YOU ARE GETTING THE DFI BOARD TO GET THE CHEAPER UT Ultra-D BOARD !!

it is same exact thing as all the others.. a simple mod will turn it into the top of the line nf4 board !!

Back