• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ugh. Windows "Network Cable is unplugged" Flashing. Someone help :<

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
So, my systems were all fine previously... anyhow here's the setup.

System1
^( reg Cat5e)
Cable > Wired 4 port router > (uplink port from router) Port 1 of cabletron 120 (24 * 5) port switch.

Then from the cabletron regular cat5e to my linux system (this one now), and to a windows system, as well as usually to a few other systems... but those are down right now.

Anyhow, I know it should be fine, but windows is giving me "A network cable is unplugged"

for about 10 seconds... Then it says "aqquiring network connection" then it goes back to a network cable is unplugged.

Things should be fine on the physical side of things and drivers are installed...

I had a similar problem at a LAN with a friend, but we traded the network lines coming to us and things resolved themselves o_O

I'm /NOT/ using DHCP. My windows system is set up as 192.168.1.101, Linux 192.168.1.102, and System1 which is upstairs is at 105 I believe.

Anyone got any ideas?

-Exclesior

Ah, actually sorry.. forgot to set up the addy when reinstalled network drivers.. now it cycles between "A network cable is unplugged and "CONNECTED". Withc onnected only showing up for about 1 second.

EDIT:

NEVERMIND totally. Found out I just freaking had to set it at half duplex instead of auto. Stupid XP :)

-Excelsior

Last edited:
Back