• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp3000 desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JJG

well my xp3200 hit the wall at about 2300mhz not much it was an older chip one of my freinds bought a xp3000.. its newer then mine the xp3200 was like 0335.. and his was 0427 well i took his chip and put it in my setup and got it to run stable at 2600 :attn: no problems.. but i cant seem to get any more out of it.. nothing.. its running at 200 X13 i try to up the fsb to 202 but it dont like that.. prim95 fails i havent messed wiht the memory timings to much but i have PDP Samsung TCCD rated at 400mhz at 2225 and 533mhz at 3448 the chip is kqyha 0427xpdw the y might be a v.. i am not sure.. i wrote it kinda messy

Yeah, you old chip did as expected, the new one, yes there are reports of new desktops doing that much, they're rare though. Post entire specs for meaningful replies.

[192] FSB x 12.5 = 2400 MHz @ 1.80 Vcore with memory frequency at 100% [192 FSB] @ 2.90 Vdimm
Epox 8RDA+ v1.1
Thermalright SLK-947U with variable speed 80x25mm Thermaltake Smart Fan 2
AIW 9600XT 128MB; Antec SX-835II case ; 380W Antec TruePower TP380
Four 80x25mm Case Fans + 1 Variable speed 80x25mm Fan YS-Tech FD1281259B-2F

mobo is nf7-s v2 wattercooling setup wiht dd rbx.. ThermoChill HE120.3 rad.. pump is a MCP650

First off, a lot of mobiles can't do 2.6 so you should really be happy with this very rare desktop overclock. You have an option of increasing the voltage to really push it to extreme.

i could try.. but i have a lan party this weekend so i dont want to mess wiht it.. i want to make sure i can put a whooping on my friends ;)

if you have an nf7 then your 3200 should be able to hit more than 2.3 shouldnt it? my 2600 in my sig is at 2432 at 1.875 in the bios, its gotta be safe to run that voltage on air shouldnt it?

i couldnt get it stable.. it would fail prime at anyting higher.. this xp3000 is rock solid at 2.6 and i think it would be safe to run at that voltage as long as the temp dont go to high

2.4 GHz is an excellent and above average overclock for a Thoroughbred. Some do that high but it is certainly not the expected average overclock for an old desktop...

His old CPU did the expected average 2.3.

seem to got it stable at 2714.4 1.95vcore fsb at 208.8 mem at 3339 and 2.8v :attn:

ha-ha-ho, water cooling and a one-in-a-million desktop superoverclocker.

Congratulations on being soo lucky!

well i tryed to back the voltage to get the temps down a little.. running 38c at idle.. but it failed prim95 in 2min with a rounding error .5 expected less then .4

It's whether or not you get an error, the meaning of them is not as important.

2 minutes probably means you need to back down quite a bit.

Remember that even 2.4 GHz is considered a nice overclock for a desktop CPU...

JJG said:
well i tryed to back the voltage to get the temps down a little.. running 38c at idle.. but it failed prim95 in 2min with a rounding error .5 expected less then .4
Give it more juice. If you look at my sig, you'll see that I'm giving my chip 2.1v and it's been running that way for 2 & 1/2 years. The load temp hits about 58c with my fan turned down.

I've also given my chip 2.3v and run on ice water to boot at 2.72ghz and bench at 2.65ghz. It's amazing my that my chip still works ;)

well i think i am gunna stop at 2714.5.. at 1.95vcore i did however get the ram to run at 2229 but its only running 18mhz over its stock speed

JJG said:
well i think i am gunna stop at 2714.5.. at 1.95vcore i did however get the ram to run at 2229 but its only running 18mhz over its stock speed
but you said that speed was unstable. You really should either back the speed down or give it more juice (up to 2.1 is probably ok if your temps are decent, and it sounds like they are) until it's prime stable.

its unstalbe if i try and lower the vcore but i got it stable at 1.95

We like to "think" of stable when you run 12-24 hours Prime95 Torture Test without any errors being displayed.

lol hehe i could run it for a few hr's but i dont really want to let it run that long unattanded

well its on test4, 800000 lucas-leh... of m157695 using 8k fft i dont know if that tells you anyting.. but its been running for like 1hr

edit it on 560000 LL Iterations at 10k fft, temp seems to have maxed out at 44c

Last edited:
For everyone else reading this & thinking of overclocking their system for the first time:

To test the stability of overclocked CPU, download the latest bug fixed version of Prime95:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

Double click on PRIME95.EXE to start the program.

Just Stress Testing (if prompted) > OK >
Options > Torture Test > Blend (if prompted) > OK

The program should not give any errors.
It may be necessary to run the program 12-24 hours to make sure an overclocked system is stable (no program errors displayed).

If you get errors only after several hours, this is a result of slight instability because the system is running with little or no margin. It's stable enough to boot and to be moderately stressed, but as soon as the system is under enough load to go over that critical point, it may freeze. To be 100% stable, Prime95 should run 12-24 hours without any errors.

The point of testing is to see if you get errors or not thus testing the stability. The meaning of errors themselves is not as important.

Running Prime95 Torture Test for 5 to 30 minutes is enough to get a feeling about general stability. If it seems to be stable, increase the FSB (with 0.025V Vcore increase if needed), or increase the multiplier by 0.5.

Reboot and run Prime95 Torture Test for 5 to 30 minutes and repeat this until the Program displays errors.
It is then time to back down and repeat the Torture Test until there are no errors for at least 12 hours.

It's OK to use the computer while Prime95 Torture Test is running in the background.

After finding your stable point you may want to then retest by going to the Advanced section, setting the password to 9876 and then setting Priority to 10. (You won't be able to use your computer while Priority 10 Prime95 Torture Test is running, but it'll confirm your system stability.)

Use 3DMark to test video card stability.

Back