• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me out everyone(Important)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lethil

Ok basicly at school Im studying IPT (information processing and tech) basicly IT.

We just started a new unit on AI....and our assignment is to create an expert system. By in putting lots of data in question and answer form like a query to come to a final concusion.

Basicly my idea is to have a huge list of your favorite games. Once you choose your 5 favorite games....and answer a few questions about the spesifics it gives you a recommendation of what type of computer you will need. (Gives you a list of recommend parts to create the perfect gaming machine for your use)

Its still in early early creation, But I need help with collecting names and types of games....

If you could just give me ur own personal list of favorite games like this...
eg.

Name Type
Counter strike series 1st person shooter

It would be much apreciated....also if anyone has alot of knoledge on Expert systems and could give me some advice for creating mine...or a better Idea/subject to do it on. That would also be greatly valued.

Thanks guys :beer:

what programming language are you using?

I would use PHP/mySQL then you can build up a form for our submission of favorite game and type, as well as an admin form you can submit hardware into,

Things you will have to look for from each game is
What DX version is it? or What OpenGL version
then find which hardware is best for said version though this "expert" software sounds kinda hoohy in this situation since ALL games "best config" will be the same with the exception of flight simulators.

now on to what you asked

Fav games ---- Genra
Stronghold Crusader --- Real Time Strategy
Stronghold --- Real Time Strategy
Age of Empires --- Real Time Strategy
Age of Empires: Rise of Rome --- Real Time Strategy
Age of Empires2: Age of Kings --- Real Time Strategy
Age of Empires2: Age of Conquers --- Real Time Strategy
Worms World Party --- Turn Based Strategy
War Craft 2 --- Real Time Strategy
Rodents Revenge --- Strategy
Ultima Online --- MMORPG
Delta Force ---- First Person Shooter
Battle Field 1942 ---- First Person Shooter
Sid Meiers Pirates ---- Strategy/Action

Just installed

Worms 3D --- Turn Based Strategy

Iam not sure programming language we'll be using yet...we are only collectin information atm....thanks for that info that will help alot. If only i could get some more :( comon puppy dog eyes people

IF you made a quick PHP site to collect your info I'm sure you could get far more people giving you a hand,

just have a form with the things you need submitted

Back