• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few issues while overclocked .......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boney22

To start off here's my specs.....

AMD 3400+ Socket 754 (2.2 GHz stock)
Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard
ATI 9800 Pro
1 Gig PC3200 Kingston Ram

Currently i have my fsb oc'd to 217MHz which bumps me up to 2.31Ghz, and my mem volt bumped up to 2.7. That seems to keep me pretty stable - no problems with cpu burnin and whatnot.

If i try to raise my fsb speed up any higher than that though - some games like CS:S will just freeze up and i have to reboot inorder to fix it. What is causing it to do that and is there anything i can do to correct it to be able to raise my fsb some more?

nicknomo said:
My first guess would be your memory.

As in i need to put more volts on it? or it just needs to be like pc4000 or something faster.

you need faster memory, and PC4000 seems to be fine with your chip, i would even suggest 4400 for extra measure. If you have the value ram then 220 is going to be your limit. Try doing a divider like a 5/6 and see how far the CPU can go.

its worth a try to up the V to the mem.

also, you may need to up the V to the CPU. (just keep your temps within reason)

another thing to try is to up the V to the AGP (slot)

my rig can P95 and bench A LOT higher than it can play games...it IS frustrating

GOOD LUCK!!

Back