• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats going ON????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robb

Registered
Okay, i have my 2.7 celeron oc'd to 3.2 ghz, everythings great, temps are wonderful. Well, never being content, i wanted to add a side exhaust fan. I hooked the fan up to the side panel of my case, and plugged the power connector into the molex from my psu that also goes to my hdd( i know, i know, but my psu only has 2 lines of molex's, each w/ 4 on them). That is all i did, so i put the panel back on and restart my computer, in the bios screen it said that my clock speed was 2.72, i was like WTF, so i took the fan off, and the clock speed goes back to 3.2.

What is going on here? I cant figure it out
THanks

Adding fan means add power consumption to the 12V rail. The same 12V rail used by the CPU (unless you have a double rail PSU). Adding that fan may have drain the power needed to overclock. It sounds like you may need to upgrade the PSU.

What PSU do you have and how much amperage is on the 12V rail.

Back