• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 6800GT overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roids-A-Flamin'

Alright here's my problem. My EVGA 6800GT has issues overclocking for some reason. Like it won't run ultra speeds. And the highest I can run without freezing in benchmarks is 375/1025mhz. I pulled 67,560 on aquamark and 12,046 on '03 with an '05 score of like 4700. Do the EVGA
s not overclock that well or did I get a bunk card?

Might be a bad card, most GT's no matter what brand can at least run at ultra speeds. If you want to try it out you could flash your BIOS to an with a BIOS with 1.4V on the core, like an Ultra BIOS. There is a good sticky on how to do this on top of this page, but you do this at your own risk.

Warning...some GTs have issues @ 1.4v. Unless your card bears the green reference PCB dont attempt it. Mine wouldnt take the volts. No damage of course but it damn near gave me a heart attack.

What temps are you getting? Heat plays a big role in 6800GT ocs

Well it is the reference green pcb. See when I ran it at like 410/1075mhz on my A7V333 (1700+) it ran fine. Could there be a bios setting on my K8N-E that causes my card to stutter in benchmarks? Because on my Xp setup it ran '03 just fine at like 415mhz.

Roids-A-Flamin' said:
Well it is the reference green pcb. See when I ran it at like 410/1075mhz on my A7V333 (1700+) it ran fine. Could there be a bios setting on my K8N-E that causes my card to stutter in benchmarks? Because on my Xp setup it ran '03 just fine at like 415mhz.
Yea I got the same BS too man. Ive found out that folding...FOLDING of all things is its case. Kill the F@H if you are running it and see if you notice the difference. I sure as hell did

How are ya getting such high memory speds..noob question lol..i know//

Ok then here's my question. When it pauses during the benchmark and then continues. However running slower. Is that GPU? Like I said it ran just fine at those speeds on my 1700+ system. However now I can't run higher than 375/1060mhz.

I'm running an antec smart power 400watt PSU. The rails look ok (not perfect but somewhat close) however I'm having issues with the damn thing. Like lagging in farcry (didn't lag on my 1700+ system so WTF? But that system had 1024mb of ram) and it *hiccups* pretty often when I overclock it.

Do you have the latest drivers installed for both your mb and graphics card? If your voltages look ok then it probably isn't a PSU issue. If you have a spare graphics card install that and see if you still have that lagging issue.

Back