• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how can i overclock AMD K6-2 450???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apu95

hi, i have a Gigabyte 5S-MM motherboard w/a AMD K6-2 450mhz processor. im extremely new to this overclocking thing so i need detailed instructions on how to overclock it.

first of all, welcome to the forums!
i think this post should be in the amd cpu's section but nevermind. the mods will have some more work to do now :)

a good to start would be to read the beginner's guides on overclocking that can be found here, here, here and here

these should help you a bit. remember that overclocking is not as simple as it may sound. you have to do a lot of study before actually starting your overclock if you want to have good results.

Ok, I assume, that you have by now read the Beginner Guides, do you?
Ok, so if it´s possible you can raise your FSB a bit like 105 or so and see if this works. Or you could change the multiplier from 4.5 to 5. It is quite possible that you´ll have to raise the Core voltage a bit perhaps 0.1 or 0.2 Volts. Have a good eye on your temps and use a good Heatsink when doing this. But I must warm you, the K6 Series are very bad overclockers. When you gain a 50 Mhz overclock, consider yourself lucky.

Wow, I have that exact Motherboard and processor, but it wont overclock at all. Stupid stubborn k6.

Back