• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Most over and under rated games ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragonprince

No flames of other peoples choices guys, just your opinion on the 3 most under rated and 3 most over rated games you've bought.:attn:

For me Doom3, Unreal, and UT2004 where over rated. :-/
HomeWorld2, RomeTW and NFSU2 were all under rated titles. :cool:

Doom3 and HL2 were way over rated.

Underated games have to be the HL mods. Any and all of them.

All the UTs lived up to what they were supose to be, and not delayed for a year like some other games.

UT2004 overrated? Bite your tongue!

I gotta agree with Fishy, HL2 and Doom3 were way overrated, though I like Doom3 a bit mroe than HL2. I just can't play Doom3 without my stomach twisting into knots. Oh, and add Warcraft III to that list.

Doom 3, HL2, and CS: Source are way overrated.

as far as underrated recent games, Painkiller is by far the most underrated FPS title of last year.

d3 was overrated is still liked it but still overated
underrated .. silent hill series/ simpsons hit & run / neverwinter nights

Overrated: Age of Empires II, Doom 3, Warcraft III
Underrated: SimCity 4, Medieval:Total War, Rise of Nations

Overrated: Halo (seriously), Halo 2, Deus Ex 2 (any console to PC conversion bar the GTA series).

Underrated: Sacred, Deer Hunter 2005, can't think of another.

Most underrated? Thief:The Dark Project, TES:Arena, No one Lives Forever

Most overrated? Final Fantasy VII, Warcraft III, The Sims (any Sims games for that matter)

Overrated: Doom 3 of coarse.

Underrated: Clive Barker's "Undying"!

I can only think of one each, if I think of more I will edit my post :).

cornbread said:
Underrated: Clive Barker's "Undying"!

Oooooh...that's another greatly underrated game. Completely forgot about that one, it completely scared the bezeesus out of me back when I played it hehe...

Seems a concenus for Doom3 being Over rated

I need to put my 2 cents in about

Rise of Nations being UNDER RATED???? WTF?
it was voted best game of the year, it is impossible to be under rated getting that titles, if anything it got what it deserved

Last edited:
Game List in this thread
^ = over rated vote
v = under rated vote

Doom 3 - ^^^^^^^^^^ = 10+
Half Life 2 - ^^^^^ = 5+
War Craft III - ^^^^ = 4+
Deus Ex 2 - ^^ = 2+
Counter Strike:Source - ^^ = 2+
Final Fantasy VII - ^ = 1+
The Sims - ^ = 1+
Unreal - ^ = 1+
Unreal Tournement 2004 - ^ = 1+
World of WarCrafr - ^ = 1+
Age of Empires II - ^ = 1+
Halo - ^ = 1+
Halo 2 - ^ = 1+

Rome Total War - v^ = 0
Half Life Mods - v^ = 0

Need For Speed U2 - v = 1-
Worms World Party - v = 1-
Stronghold Crusader - v = 1-
Delta Force 2 - v = 1-
Painkiller - v = 1-
Return to Castle Wolfenstien - v = 1-
Destert Combat - v = 1-
Unreal Tournement 99 - v = 1-
Warning foreever - v = 1-
silent hill series - v = 1-
simpsons hit&run - v = 1-
neverwinter nights - v = 1-
Sim City 4 - v = 1-
Medieval Total War - v = 1-
Rise of Nations - v = 1-
scared - v = 1-
Deer Hunter 2005 - v = 1-
Thief: The Dark Project - v = 1-
TES: Arena - v = 1-
No One Lives For ever - v = 1-
Chronnicles of Riddick - v = 1-
Call of Duty: United Offensive - v = 1-
Clive Barkers, Undying - vv = 2-
HomeWorld 2 - vv = 2-

Most over rated: Halo, Halo 2, Half-Life 2 (all those games were getting way too high scores, and none of them was actually fun IMHO)

Most under rated: Return to Castle Wolfenstein, (because some were complaining about the singleplayer not being the most fantastic, while the singleplayer was not important at all because everyone got the game for multiplayer after playing the demo) the game got scores like 8.5 and 9.0 but it should have gotten 9.9's only.

NFSU2, got a 7.4 or something at gamespot. It's really a excellent game which deserves a 8.9 at least.

Postal 2: This isnt really the best game, but I think reviewers already aproached the game like 'this is one of these games that thinks it can sell by being ultra violent so we really need to give it a extra low score'. So the game got scores like 3.0 and 4.5, while it deserved at least like 7 because it actually was very funny.

Most overrated: GTA: San Andreas. Seriously, it's nothing more than a patch for GTA 3. The graphics look the same to me compared to GTA 3. The other two would have to be the Madden series football games, and Splinter Cell. Sega Sports>EA sports, for the most part anyway. Most Underrated: ??? I can't think of any right now. I didn't like NFSU2. To me, they took a simple game like NFSU and made it too complicated. Who wants to drive around to look for races? That, and the graphics were no better than the first game.

Overrated: Halo, Doom3, The Sims
Underrated: Postal 2, Giants(Citizen Kabuto), Serious Sam

What? Warcraft 3 over rated? My eye! That game was every bit as good as it was hyped up to be. It was released 3 years ago and I still play it more than any other game. Doom 3 and HL2 are more games to show off your vid card to poor idiots with consoles (which I'll end up getting one to play the new metal gear and GT4). However warcraft 3 is in no way over or under rated. Heres my list.

Overrated: Any sims game, Farcry, and Halo
Under rated: Silent hill 3&4, Age of mythology, and Lineage 2 (IMHO)

Back