• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X : Highest FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

homerjay550

Registered
Hello guys.
Have been running my FSB at 200MHz for a while now with no problems. Am having problems trying to increase it though.
tried to jump from 200 to 205 - didn't boot.
lowered FSB to 204MHz with mem down from ddr400 to ddr333 and agp/pci slots fixed at 66/33MHz. this didn't work either.
lowered it to 203MHz and it booted fine and no problems under prime95 stress.

Is 203MHz and acceptable FSB limit for this board?

How far have you guys taken your FSBs???

Try 205 mhz FSB with a lower multiplier. May have a processor core overclocking wall. That seems to be common. Including when Prime95 fails with the processor frequency at just around 15 mhz higher.

thanks 4 ur reply.
forgot to mention that i tried lower multi also.
am shopping around for new psu at moment and will start all over again when i get it.
will post an update when that happens - should be able to get at least 205fsb then.

You might need to up the ram voltage/change timings and/or do the VDD Chipset mod. If you want anything over ~230FSB, you will need the 2T command rate bios.

A7N8X-E Deluxe here as a back up rig using the plain 'ol 1013's bios.

XP2100 Tbred B@ 230x11= 2540MHz (2.54Ghz)

2x 256mb OCZ PC3500EL

1.82Vcore (board overvolts the vcore)
2.7Vdimm

H20 cooled with a Dtek TC4, Via Aqua 1300,dual 120mm rad.

No vmods whatsoever.

Last edited:
Back