• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking with a Soyo SY-7VBA133U Motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ForForToo

Does anybody have any information regarding this? I originally bought the Motherboard because of the PCI/AGP frequency lock, but apparently the CPU voltage is strictly Autodetect. As a result my Celeron 1100 and 1300 won't boot up at ANYTHING beyond default FSB speeds. Meanwhile, my Asus P3V4X motherboard boots up either the 1100 or the 1300 at 126+ MHz FSB without a hitch, at default CPU Voltage.

Is it even worth bothering with this Soyo Board and maybe volt modding it, or should I just stick with my ASUS?

I have one of these boards and I have been using it for about a year. I have a tualatin core celeron 1.4ghz cpu in it. I cannot get the board to run past 112 or 113 fsb probably due to the auto detect cpu vcore which permits no adjustments. even though it will run at these speeds every now and then when you start it up it will defualt to 14x100. I like my abit ah6t much better although the soyo board boots up in half the time because all the abit boards I have ever had take forever detecting everything at the post screen. the soyo post screen just flicks by and it instantly boots windows.

I havent any clue about mods, I havent tried them. the computer above only gets used for web surfing and light gaming so I do not bother with it very much.

sorry I cannot be of more help.

Back