• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to make homemade water dye

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrunkenCat

i thought of this when i was fooling around with ways to make my hardware glow with ink i found that hi lighters work vary well under uv black light

here is the steps to make ur water GLOW neon yell o green or orange

Get a skinny good brand highlighter and pull out inside. Cut a slit down it and place into a quart of distilled water for one hour.
Then pull out cotton or the left over fabric.

Then let it sit for 24 hour before using.

Then take another quart container(powerade bottle) and fill 3/4 with distilled water. Then add about 5 or 10% of the orginal mixture of dye into the quart of distilled water.

Keep the orignal mixture for later batches. Just remember to cut it later with distilled water.

It is super bright and during the day its clear. Thats the cut mixture. The orignal of course is much stronger.

my extra bottle test bottle has still been glowing for about 1 year still the same as i made it no glow loss and tested 100% no damage to pump,rad block or clear tubing or stains but the laytex tubing will get stained under so stick with the hard clear brand if u want works both ways oya and a nother thing dont for get to where ur sun glasses when ur looking at it :cool: LMAO :)

haha nice job.
*linas goes to Sams Club and gets one of those giant packs of high lighters.....
*linas notices he doesnt have a watercooling setup
*linas goes to get pumps and such and starts buildin
=P
actually i was planning on building a watercooled rig for a while. now i just might use a dye of sorts in it.....yay!

here this is my old p4 rig with the homemade water dye in it and on the mobo good for makeing ur mobo stand out to just color the parts with hi lighter to first u need to paint it white evey type u wast then color over it with hi lighter

post-3-1097205545.jpg

you don't even need to cut a slit down the cartridge - just squeeze it and let 5-10 drips into your T-line or res. , the stuff is pretty concentrated, so you don't need much - any of the hi-liter brand ones work best from what i've seen (and used myself)

edit:

heres a pic of what 7 drops of green, and 4 drops of yellow hi-liter brand highlighter juice do to my WC loop under that measely UV CCFL i pulled out of a CCFL fan (don't have any 12" UV CCFL's yet) (the molexes/wires hanging in the pic are from the cathode inverter and things that i put into one of the modular PSU 'outlets')

Attachments

• Picture 198.jpg
    Picture 198.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,854
Last edited:
DrunkenCat said:
i thought of this when i was fooling around with ways to make my hardware glow with ink i found that hi lighters work vary well under uv black light

here is the steps to make ur water GLOW neon yell o green or orange

Get a skinny good brand highlighter and pull out inside. Cut a slit down it and place into a quart of distilled water for one hour.
Then pull out cotton or the left over fabric.

Then let it sit for 24 hour before using.

Then take another quart container(powerade bottle) and fill 3/4 with distilled water. Then add about 5 or 10% of the orginal mixture of dye into the quart of distilled water.

Keep the orignal mixture for later batches. Just remember to cut it later with distilled water.

It is super bright and during the day its clear. Thats the cut mixture. The orignal of course is much stronger.

my extra bottle test bottle has still been glowing for about 1 year still the same as i made it no glow loss and tested 100% no damage to pump,rad block or clear tubing or stains but the laytex tubing will get stained under so stick with the hard clear brand if u want works both ways oya and a nother thing dont for get to where ur sun glasses when ur looking at it :cool: LMAO :)

hehe, cool.

Ok, I think it died for two reasons:
1. This post belongs in the "Water Cooling" sub forum
2. Indeed, this has been covered over and over.

And a few other things:
Check your sig: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=58341
Probably ought to change it yourself before a moderator does it for you. :)
Anther thing: comma before the space, not after.

Not railing you or anything, just trying to be nice. :cool:

Back