• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

yay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
decided to use this monster of a computer to help you all out. i'm gonna borg my home network with the names TollhouseFrank (me) and TollhouseFrank2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and possibly, 7.... could have a 7 borg farm....

didn't think you could do that... first time folder....thought you had to have different names on them all... if you can leave them all the same... i got 3 compies here that never go off... will be puttin' out WU's like there is no tomorrow...

Yeah just downlaod Wedo's one-click installer and edit the client.cfg to put in your username. You can use the same username for as many PC's as you like.

By the way, welcome to the team!

The computers themselves must have unique hostnames on your home network of course, but you should fold under the same folding name on all of them. That's how you get big points added up in your name. In the client.cfg file there is a "machineid" field, but that is only used for when you fold multiple instances of the FAH client on the same machine, like if it was a dual CPU box and you wanted to have two instances of FAH running concurrently, you'd set the machine ID to 1 for one and 2 for the second.

well... i got a few more machines i'm puttin' it on here in the next couple or 3 days.... one of them is a dually xeon.... gonna hafta figure out how to do the F@H on multi-cpu's and get it running 4 of them (if i've read correctly, you can run 1 instance per CPU, and the dually xeon sees itself as 4 cpu's thanks to HT)

This thread http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=231247 has the one-click install for F@H that will install a single instance, dual instances for hyperthreaded machines and a Quad install for dual xeon rigs.

It installs all of the instances as a service and is quick and easy.

Be sure to read the first post and to edit the config files on all of the instances being installed. :)

Be sure to use notepad to change the configs.

Welcome and enjoy. Feel free to spread the addiction! :)

TollhouseFrank said:
well... i got a few more machines i'm puttin' it on here in the next couple or 3 days.... one of them is a dually xeon.... gonna hafta figure out how to do the F@H on multi-cpu's and get it running 4 of them (if i've read correctly, you can run 1 instance per CPU, and the dually xeon sees itself as 4 cpu's thanks to HT)

Yeah, use the quad installer, although I hear it might be brokken, but what I heard you can do is use the dualie installer and then change the folder name to FAH3 and FAH4 and change the machine ID as well. Then once you do that use the dualie installer again and then it should work as far as I know.

4 instances of FAH running on a dualie Xeon HT machine absolutely rocks!

For a couple weeks I had a bunch of them going at once and my points went thru the roof. Alas, I am but a shadow of my former ppd glory, but finally have about 20 instances folding for me once again. I'll be catching up to Fizz again someday.

Back