• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fortron FPS460EPS12v ? ---where are you Wolf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MameXP

Here is the spec i found on internet : http://www.sparklepower.com/pdf/FSP460-60PFN.pdf

This is discontinued, some one is selling for a good price so i'm thinking of getting it. Will it be enough to power dual 3.2ghz Xeon? I have 2 HDs, 2 burners and a 12v pump with 3 120mm fans.

Have someone used this psu? does anyone know anything about this psu?

Thanks

I'm saying no. What you have to find is are the 12V lines shared, or are they dedicated. If you are dedicated you'll not be able to power the rig, because you want at least 28A on the 12V line. this has 31.5, assuming they are shared.

It's a server unit, very coincidentally similar to the newer Blue Storm AX500-A. I don't think I'd use it for a dually - look for the FSP550-60PLG instead with its single 36A 12v rail.

PLN also works fine seeing the rails are shared if one place needs more voltage than the other. Although I have not tried OCing.

alright :(

Its funny the seller claims it power his dual 3.06ghz xeons fine.

I cant find Fortron/Sparkle that high power in canada

i would bet the 460 unit would have no problems with a dual xeon that's prestonia based...but i think it might be iffy with the nocona based xeons, for lack of enough 12v CPU current

Back