• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quadro Cards - How Good Are They?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Don't worry I ain't going to buy 1 the QuadroFX4000 on my local website costs around £1,400. I've always wondered what they like for games with them being so expensive has anyone seen a Quadro card in action if so do they fight along side the 6800GT and ATi card (Isn't it the XT850 ATi's answer to nVidia's 6800GT).

Quadro cards are ment for more 3d rendering like CAD,and other programs requiring tons of processing power....altho they don't really do that great of a job at games....the few i've tested ran Doom3 at like 30-40fps....

They will still perform like their gaming counterparts if not worse in performance, directx based anyways. But when it comes to opengl, they have more features as well as better performance. But as stated above, they are meant for CAD applications, as well as modeling and really high polygon stuffs. But if you bought one.. expect it to not perform the price you paid in games.

Back