• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LPT Printer Cable to USB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apu318

Disabled
Welland: Most drug use per capita in Canada.
I've been lookin for a cable thats LPT to USB, or even a pinout guide because I would like to do the makeshift LCD Display mod, but I dont have a printer port to use. Ive looked on the internet and found some pretty expensive cables, but they are the female end, that plugs into the printer.. which is the end without pins. Does anyone know if the pinout on the female side is the same on the male end of the cable? Or how I could wire one of those LCD screens into usb? thanks.

NO they're not the female end is 36 pins and the wires cross-connect, but I've seen adaptors at WalMart a long time ago that converted Parallel to USB, they were like $40 so a bit silly IMO, but prices may have dropped by now.

I'm not actually for an LPT Port in my computer.. I'm trying how to figure out the pinout to make it USB or atleast serial for a parallel controller.. I've seen these before, like my matrix orbital, or crystalfontz usb or serial LCD screens.. but I'll ive found on the internet is Parallel guides.

Back