• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help choosing S939 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

furiousfords89

i am doing some research for a future build and i am currently torn in between these 2 boards....
1: MSI K8N NEO2-F

2: SOLTEK K8TPRO-939

i am leaning towards the msi board, but i have heard that a lot of people are having bios issues and memory compatibility problems, also i heard owners of the soltek board complaning about a non-working pci/agp lock..
So which board do you guys think i should go for, and which of the 2 would be the most ' hassle free' to setup??
thanks

furiousfords89 said:
i wish i could, but i only have $120 to spend on the mobo :(

I would go with the MSI then.

See if you can't find a refurb, or used one on the forums. You'll be seeing a ton for sale here soon, everyone is moving to NF4. I think you'll regret getting a bad board, these NF3's are already touchy enough, last thing you need is another hurddle to overcome. Just my .02

also, this may sound like a lame question but is there any difference between nvidia and via chipsets??

In my experience? Definately...usually. :p

I've gambled on a dozen or so newegg refurb boards. I've only sent 1 back to them.

Just don't expect a nice neat package with all the goodies in it. You may well be disapointed. I've gotten them with everything in the retail package and I've gotten them with nothing...and I do mean nothing but the board b4.

Jacobman said:
The refurbed ones are safe and good right?

Just like buying it from someone on the forums imo, i wouldn't hesitate. They do test them when they come back mind you.

Always been fond of Epox boards. The the MSI board has a slightly superior feature set and better community support, but the Epox board should definately be on the short list.

You think ill atleast get the mobo driver disk and sata floppy? Well i just ordered a system with that board only because they didnt have any in stock.

I also ordered a 3000 winchester, xfx 6600gt, fortron "blue storn" 500watt psu, antec super lan boy case, corsier value select ddr 400 duel channel ram, and a 160gig seagate sata barracuda hard drive. Jus incase you wanted to know...lol

No clue, there's just no way of knowing what will come with them. You can download both though and have them ready when your board shows up. I always do this anyway since the disks that come with boards are usually dated.

Nice choices, should make a very respectable toy. :)

hey guys i am starting to consider the EPoX "EP-9NDA3J" , any more opinions about it??

Last edited:
also, i am considering this
memory to go with the epox, do you guys think it will work with it, and is there somewhere that i can find a memory compatibility list for this board? thanx

Back