• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quadro mod on 5700, lose DX preformance? & hard vs softmod quest.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFIsoldier

Did the softmod via RivaTuner, but it seems as if DX preformance has suffered in most games (BF1942 seems more laggy...). Has anyone had the same problems? My CS preformance has increased due to me using OpenGL, but is it worth it? Also, would doing the hard-mod be better than the registry/soft mod?

I got a lower 3DMark01 SE score when I did the mod to my 5700LE. I don't think the hardmod would give more performance than the softmod.

Your never going to get DX performance from that type of a mod on that....Quadro's are ment for opengl apps mainly....CAD...etc..

I know DX preformance probably wont increase, but the decrease isn't horrible...and the openGL makes up for it. I was just wondering if I would have more stable/higher overclocks with the hardmod.

Yea, but since it said any TV repair place would usually do it for a small fee, I figured someone would shell out $10 bucks for that plus the card since I found that the Quadro fx1100 is a GREAT CAD card. I think I will go see if either of the local places will do it for cheap, and be the first gueinie pig (spelling?).

I've done plenty of hardmods, just only 5700U mod tho....yes it take tons of patience, and one little mess up will totally kill the card.

Back