• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A comparison of PC to MAC in photoshop speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
photoshop200410135zc.jpg

talk about insanity

can this really be true?!
here's a whole page on performance comparison too

-d94

Well using Photoshop on my Mobile@2300mhz and a 1.5ghz Dothan I have never any slowdowns at all so all I can say is bring on the games becuase I don't use any of those other than PS.

Of course nobody mentions that they used different software on the stuff other than PS, and never tell you about the competing systems except what the Cache size is and that they used Red hat on the Dells. Oh yes they also did this in their lab they refused to send it to Ed, Joe, and Skip to make the tests authentic.

yeah, photoshop works best with RISC arcitecture in the mac. PC's are really slow cuz the instruction set is so old...no one wants to make a leap forth because you won't support the old x86 which so much is based off...emulation is an option but emalation and slow as hell are interchangeable!

Uhhh let me just make sure you know you are linking to APPLE.COM the manufacturer of the g5. They aren't going to show their comp getting its *** kicked. And this was debunked a long time ago.

i doubt that the gap is that much, mac do have an edge when it comes to photoshop but that's about it, they can't do anything else. plus they are as expensive as diamond. you can get 3 PC as oppose to a Mac.

Back