• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally Broke the 100 WU mark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deez

Well I finally broke the 100 WU mark and I now have 3 boxes crunching. 2 full time, and one part time.

I finally got SETI running at work on my Duron [email protected] so the next hunderd should be no problem. The Celeron 566@850 is responsible for almost all of the first 100 and I use my parents celeron 500 as an occasional cruncher too

I dont have driver and spy running at work but we are running windows ME and CLC doesn't seem to work right so I had to run straight from the batch file....WU times seem to be about 6 hours or less though. Not quite sure just got it up today.

Anybody know average time for Duron @ 1.2 ??????????

Hey I'm right there with you passing the 100 mark today! I'm been runnning SETI about a month now and just lately i've been running 24/7 most of the time. Maybe a few hour pause to play Unreal Tournament, cd backup, running flaskmpeg or paint shop pro!

whats flaskmpeg?...other than UT or other games SETI never stops on mine. I have no probs burning CD's with SETI running...of course I only have a 4x burner so maybe thats why :D

but my 4x burner=no bad CD's yet

FlaskMpeg converts DVD movies into the space of a CD via compression methods of mpeg4. It uses the cpu at full load so i don't run anything with it. With my computer it takes 4 - 6 hours to convert a DVD movie to CD. It does take away some of the dvd movie quality but it's not that bad.

By the way it is illegal to copy and distribute DVD movies so don't talk about it to much here otherwise some people here will not like it.

Want to read more go here: Tom's Hardware Guide

If you want to know more you have to email for i won't post anymore about this subject here.

Last edited:
i have a link that'll give you exact instructions on how to use it. It'll require a few downloaded plugins. I don't want to get yelled at for posting this link though.

Back