• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fun with a new 560J

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uclajd

Just got a 560J E0, a SL7Q2.

Air, stock Intel heatsink, 1.6+ volts:

4491prime.jpg

Damn thing crashes half way through prime at 4.50. :temper:

Screenie only, less stable than Courtney Love after a night of partying:
4600shot.jpg

Using a DFI 875-T mobo.

Vapo goes on today. :attn:

batboy said:
Vcore is a little high. Hope you don't fry something.
Just one night of testing, a few pi and prime runs. From now on, it's under the Vapo. :burn:

Vapo results

Got too tired last night to post. Here's some I ran today, and the room wasn't all that cold:

Some Vapo results:

5025pi.jpg

Likely can go higher - crashed at 5100 halfway through. The temp just goes up too high by the end of 1M. Sure I could get 5035 or 5045.

Screenie only:
5208shot.jpg

Note this is 1:1 w/ RAM, so the RAM is holding it back (if you can call DDR-578.5 "holding you back"). Seems like these boards are a lot less stable when using dividers instead of 1:1. :confused:

I've still got some playing around to do. ;)

Should be fun to run some 3DMarks. Just fooling around I know I can 3D bench above 4900. But the vid card needs a little modding, as it isn't volting as high as it was. Stay tuned...

Last edited:
uclajd said:
Got too tired last night to post. Here's some I ran today, and the room wasn't all that cold:

Some Vapo results:

5025pi.jpg

Likely can go higher - crashed at 5100 halfway through. The temp just goes up to high by the end of 1M. Sure I could get 5035 or 5045.

Screenie only:
5208shot.jpg

Note this is 1:1 w/ RAM, so the RAM is holding it back (if you can call DDR-578.5 "holding you back"). Seems like these boards are a lot less stable when using dividers instead of 1:1. :confused:

I've still got some playing around to do. ;)

Should be fun to run some 3DMarks. Just fooling around I know I can 3D bench above 4900. But the vid card needs a little modding, as it isn't volting as high as it was. Stay tuned...

SWEET!!!!! :thup: :drool:

uclajd said:
But the vid card needs a little modding, as it isn't volting as high as it was. Stay tuned...
Note to self: Turn water pump on when water cooling video card. :rolleyes:

omg... :drool:

you just changed my mind from buying a 530J and set it upon a 560J... though it'll only be water cooled, thoes are some SEXY overclocks without the vapo

Notice updated scores in sig. :attn:

One weird thing about these Js, is they have some really funky throttling. You think it's running at 5.0, but by default it throttles down to half that under load.

You can turn throttling off (as far as I can tell) in the bios, but you won't be able to clock as high in some benches (2003 - 4.798 max). However, I was able to bench @ 4.927 in 2005, 4.917 in 2001, and Aqua @ 4.907 with throttling turned off. It's strange, when you hit the wall, the PC doesn't reboot, the programs either crash or freeze. Some programs are unforgiving at high clocks I guess, like when pi warns you about errors.

This DFI BIOS doesn't let one get at the throttling settings as deeply as I would like.

BTW, this "T2" throttling doesn't show up in ThrottleWatch or CPU-Z.

Next up: Pelt on video card.

My understanding is that TM2 throttling is inately internal to the chip, and cannot be disabled. I wish I could say I'm 100% sure of this, but I cannot. This stuff is all so new. I'm pretty certain I'm right, though.

Hopefully there could be some type of BIOS enabled work-around available at some point, like the ones to enable an i865P chipset to perform like an i875P in memory b/w.

Strat

Stratcat said:
My understanding is that TM2 throttling is inately internal to the chip, and cannot be disabled.
Well, according to DFI's online manual, you can adjust it:
bios.jpg

Unfortunately, none of these features are actually available in the bios!

All I actually do have is this:
bios2.jpg

I've set this to "disabled," but I'm not sure if that is T1 or T2. :confused: :confused:

Weirdness.

Back